Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ottoman Stamps From The Xx C.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 285Next Topic  

Bulgaria
2 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add OttomanGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, guys!
I've got some ottoman stamps. I think that they are from the last years of the Ottoman empire. I see only turko-arabic numbers which is interesting.
Do you know more about the stamps? Are thay rare?

Thank you very much!

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31713 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   01:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is the XxC 20th Century

May assist others
Theatre Tax

Hejaz Railway Revenues

Happy to stand corrected.

Religious Court Fees

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 03/07/2021 02:50 am
Bulgaria
2 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   05:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add OttomanGuy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, 20th century, I tryed to use roman numbers :D Sorry about that. Really interesting. I found that also - https://findyourstampsvalue.com/rar...rkish-stamps Look the second one, it seems close to the purple one on the top of my photo. And thank you again
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   06:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So these are revenue stamps?

How would one determine that?

I don't mean to sound uninformed (but I guess I am) - is there a catalogue/catalogues which list international revenues?

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
147 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   02:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
is there a catalogue/catalogues which list international revenues?

Hi BobbyT there are loads of Revenue Stamp catalogues that I see mentioned, but as far as I can see they are specific to one country I've not come across anything like the Scott or SG catalogues for the whole world for postage stamps.

The name Barefoot often crops up, John Barefoot publishes a number of catalogues for various countries. I think they're in quite small runs so second hand may be the best route

Putting a search like "revenue stamp catalogue" into the Bookfinder website or one of the other bookseller sites may produce some results
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   06:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Cris - I would have been searching in Scott's forever for these items I guess. How can one identify them as revenues? The only revenues I have intentionally collected are from the US and are in specialized US catalogue. Probably at least some of the un identified stamps I have in my collection are foreign revenues, but I did not know how to classify them. BobbyT
Valued Member
United Kingdom
147 Posts
Posted 03/10/2021   05:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crispinhj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
coincidentally this revenue related thread popped up here

http://goscf.com/t/26517&whichpage=1

A Barefoot catalogue is referenced.

I hope that helps, Crispin
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3056 Posts
Posted 03/10/2021   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a link to John Barefoot's website:

https://www.jbarefoot.co.uk/
Nigel
Edited by nigelc - 03/10/2021 08:29 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05