Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello From Metairie, La!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bcantin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!

My name is Barry Cantin, I've been collecting for over 50 years and I'm finally getting around to connecting with others online.

I really collect everything, but specialize in British Commonwealth and European colonies in general, as well as Egypt and Turkey. I've recently been fascinated by world revenue stamps and have started adding those to my collection as well.

Nice to meet everyone, I look forward to getting to know many of you here.

Barry
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
751 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   05:18 am  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

I think you will find this a very friendly and helpful forum.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   05:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Welcome, Barry.

Thanks for sharing some background about your collecting interests. Agree that revenues offer a new and interesting collecting opportunity. Three sources which I have found helpful are:

John Barefoot (England) publishes a series of revenue stamp catalogues. Presented by individual country, geographic area, or British Empire. Availability varies. Gently used copies available via the typical online outlets.

The Revenue Society. Based on England. Offers quarterly newsletter which includes articles, Q&A/info sharing, member wants/trades, etc. Society has increased its online activities in light of the pandemic.

Revenue Reverend. Interesting website.

Have fun.
Learn More...
9230 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   05:27 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Don
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Barry - welcome onboard. I am relatively new here but have found it a welcoming and very knowledgeable group. BobbyT
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2993 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   06:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy!
Al
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   08:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Barry,

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences.

Russ
Valued Member
364 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Barry. Also collect Jamaica, the Caymans, Ceylon, Belgian Congo, Libya and Egypt. You'll definitely learn a lot here so enjoy!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
595 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome

Remember to try and make your thread titles specific. Useful for later seaches.

Use the search function at the top of the page. There are many questions that already have been asked and answered.
Valued Member
United States
44 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.... it might be off topic but Brendan Benson's Lapalco Album was great Metarie was my favorite song!
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   5:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bcantin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oldboldandbrash - wow, I had no idea that existed! I thought "it must be a different Metairie because the spelling is a little different (Benson spells it "Metarie" without the first I) but when you said the album title was "Lapalco", I knew it had a local influence - that's a major highway on the West Bank near here and stands for "Louisiana Power and Light". Just watched the video for "Metarie", great song, thanks for the recommend!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I really collect everything under the sun and have about 200 specialty albums (and Scott Internationals to 1971 for my used stamps), and just really enjoy looking at these fascinating little pieces of paper. So glad I finally signed up here, thank you again! #128522;
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6101 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Barry. I have a close friend in Slidell. Makes me hungry thinking about it!
Valued Member
United States
44 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   11:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My pleasure! Glad you liked the tune! And that sounds like a whopping collection, look forward to seeing you post some of it!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05