Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 215Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   06:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BobbyT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   06:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will someone please help me? I would like to make this my avatar. It is the first item I have successfully uploaded.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7325 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   08:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. Send a note to staff - they can help

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
1393 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Post this in "Stamp Community Support" forum.
Learn More...
9132 Posts
Posted 03/08/2021   08:56 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I moved/renamed the thread for him.
Don
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   05:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for moving me to the correct area of the forum. I did not know where to post my question so this really helps.

How do I get an answer to my question?

I know this is a site run by volunteers so I really don't want this to sound like a complaint. I have three times written to the staff asking how do I go about getting my collecting interests listed - I used the proper request form, listed my interests, but it has been more than a week without a response. At first I thought it was because I hadn't yet posted 50 times, but that is no longer the case.

I will try writing to the staff again on this issue as suggested.

BobbyT
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   06:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby - I did not read your email to let you do the cropping. I will upload this again, if I can remember how I did it. I thought this would be like other sites where one can change the avatar without assistance so do appreciate anything you can do to assist me. You must have your hands full here.

I appreciate that there is a tutorial about uploading photos on this site, but I can't follow what exactly to do.

I took a scan, but have problems loading the scans unless I crop them first. Maybe I need a different scanner - the one I am using is part of my printer. Does an I-Phone scanner do any better? Or will I need some new equipment?

I know how busy you are, so I will be patient waiting for a response.

BobbyT
Learn More...
9132 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   06:28 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The instructions for requesting an avatar is here https://www.stampcommunity.org/rules.asp#rulesid6

Once a person requests an avatar in the 'Support' forum it can take up to a few weeks before it may get done.
Don
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 03/10/2021   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Studebaker. Did you see my question about a Studebaker re-furnisher, who I know, in Philly? Paul Wichterman - just wondering if you might know him.
Learn More...
9132 Posts
Posted 03/10/2021   3:37 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I do not.
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 215Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05