Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Managed Funds Account Issue With Ebay For The 2nd Time

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 425Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3777 Posts
Posted 03/10/2021   7:52 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Our 2nd eBay store eyes4stamps has just been changed to managed funds with No warning from eBay.

So the 1st lot of funds has been put into an account that we do not have. To buy, the account is correct but to sell is a different number again. Not from us. Not for us. Lost!

Part Live chat eBay:

"02:06:37 UTC Peter
Understood. I noticed the red banner appearing in your seller hub asking you to update your bank details however when you click on it you can only enter the microdeposit amount to verify. You aren't able to update your account number.
02:08:17 UTC Peter
Best thing to do is to escalate to our back office technical support team to resolve. I will do this immediately after we finish chatting.
02:08:44 UTC kg5collector
Yes the microdepost is to account ending in xxxx. So it is not our account so we can not get the info needed."
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3777 Posts
Posted 03/11/2021   7:07 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Contacted eBay again today. Got the same customer service person as I did to start all this with eBay the other day. And Peter remembered me as well.

This is a very different, very positive contact from customer service. Peter seems to have good knowledge about our issue with changing bank account numbers from a number that does not belong to us. This has created a big mess.

This issue solely belongs to eBay and they admit it is their issue. Very refreshing.

Considering how much of a mess this is am getting the best treatment. My issue is progressing eBay's end. Have nothing more to do but wait a bit longer. It would nice to get paid. There is a fair bit of funds being held back now with bills to pay.

Normally I would have something I need to do but it is not the case here. So far have done everything I need to do. Here's hoping that eBay can get it together soon.

This truly is the best customer service I have ever had from eBay.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6111 Posts
Posted 03/11/2021   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Better customer service would have been not screwing everything up in the first place.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3777 Posts
Posted 03/11/2021   7:41 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And Yes rogdcam the mess is called managed funds. It says it all.

Very rarely do I get someone from customer service that understands my issue. This customer service person has knowledge about managed funds. So it looks like customer service has caught up with the how of managed funds when it comes to talking managed funds issues with eBay's customers. Hopefully I am correct!
Valued Member
Australia
79 Posts
Posted 03/14/2021   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With all the trouble and costs you would have been better off going to another place such as Delcampe or Hipstamps or even making your own website and bypassing the them altogether ........
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3777 Posts
Posted 03/14/2021   8:16 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If eBay was not in place I would not be able to sell so much.

eBay is very profitable if you know how to use eBay.

Selling at mail order auctions was the only place I could get to sell stamps before eBay. Auctions ask for more than their fair share of the stamp lot sales. Then we have to wait 3 or 4 months before there is another auction.

It is a very hard way to sell stamps & plants without eBay.

Edit typo
Edited by KGV Collector - 03/15/2021 03:12 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3777 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   01:43 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well we are back to nasty old eBay in motion. Just finished a 3hr live chat to eBay. Have gone through 5 customer service people.
Am stuck between All Selling & Sellers Hub changes that I am not able to make change when I should to be able too. So my whole eBay system has been changed by eBay only. Have supplied none of the information that eBay has used. They have given me an account number that ends 0000 & I suggest that the rest of the numbers are the same. Plus the computer I have always used is showing up as a new computer that is in place my end. It appears that all my settings are all over the place which has been totally done by eBay. It has got to the point that I can not list & sell or receive any funds from eBay. So far it has taken 2 weeks to get to this point. Sad Hey!

Edited by KGV Collector - 03/18/2021 01:44 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 425Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.63 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05