Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Card Sent By Actress Stella Adler

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 164Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
86 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Gibby01 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found in a collection I bought, a post card sent and signed by Actress Stella Adler back in 1977. Stella was a Broadway actress in the 30s-40s, then opened acting schools in NY and LA. Also authored several books on acting. The card depicts Bush Gardens in LA and was posted in Beverly Hills. Full disclosure I also put the card up for sale on eBay, I collect stamps, not autographs, and someone might enjoy this more than I will...

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5526 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   7:05 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sent and signed by her office, perhaps? Who uses a typewriter to send a postcard?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1169 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stella Adler began as an actress, but she was best known as an acting instructor and founder of the Stella Adler Studio of Acting. She had studios in both New York and Los Angeles. Lots of big names went there for training -- Marlon Brando, Warren Beatty, Harvey Keitel in NYC and Nick Nolte, Salma Hayek, Sean Astin in LA. Adler taught in both locations, though mainly in NYC.

Barry and Claire Brook were well established music professors in the NYC academic world and I'm sure they were among Adler's many friends in Manhattan. http://www.pendragonpress.com/claire_brook.php

Neat card! I bet she had an assistant type up a bunch of these to keep in touch various old friends.
Edited by GregAlex - 03/18/2021 9:03 pm
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   11:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good possibility it was typed by an assistant. There is a signed letter from Stella on eBay, similar format, typed letter, signed in bright blue pen. I think this conversation comes up with everything signed by a celebrity or president. Unless it's truly handwritten the assumption has to be typed by an assistant.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 164Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05