Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lincoln M. Alexander - New Stamp Feb.1.2018

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 340Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7653 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is one of 5 new black Canadian stamps issued by Canada Post.

Here is why it means a lot to me. When he lived in Hamilton down the mountain, I delivered newspapers to his house.
I made about $5.00 a week...Every time I went to collect his weekly payment, he would spend about 15 mins talking to me...He also gave me a $1.00 tip every week..Thought that was so nice...He really impressed me as a person.

Robert

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 03/19/2021 10:00 am

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
924 Posts
Posted 03/18/2021   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamp & nice story too - he always seemed like a true gentleman as lieutenant governor.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1311 Posts
Posted 03/19/2021   09:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert,
This is a Feb 1, 2018 issue. May be the topic title need adjustment.
Edited by Gilles le timbre - 03/19/2021 09:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
7653 Posts
Posted 03/19/2021   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the date change Gilles.
Robert
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05