Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pleasantly Surprised By USPS Deliveries Recently

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 637Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
18 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add chiapas to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going to post on a previous thread, some positive news, but it has been closed.
In the past month, I have sold 6 philatelic books, each weighing 4 pounds and sent by media mail.
This is how long it took...

Feb 26 mailed from Buffalo, NY
Mar 3 delivered Los Angeles, CA

Feb 26 depart Buffalo, NY
Mar 1 delivered Wisconsin

Feb 27 depart Buffalo, NY
Mar 2 delivered Cleveland, OH

Feb 26 depart Buffalo, NY
Mar 8 delivered Mississippi (spent 6 days being processed in Memphis, TN)

Mar 3 depart Buffalo, NY
Mar 8 delivered Colorado

Mar 6 depart Buffalo, NY
Mar 11 delivered Wisconsin

For media mail, I think those are, for the most part, reasonable mailing times. It has definitely improved since 2020. I was impressed...
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously everything has been fixed
Cheers
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5541 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I mailed some bound philatelic journals several weeks ago via USPS media mail. They arrived in 2-3 days. It was only 100 miles, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Learn More...
9259 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   8:15 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife ordered a 103 pound table and they shipped it via FedEx on Wednesday (shipper was approximately 1100 miles away), it arrived on Friday (48 hours).
Don
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31936 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   10:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to hear positive news,
I have not lost anything in 15 years.
I reckon the post does a marvellous job,
I have had one anxiety central occasion when a lot took 70 days.

Valued Member
364 Posts
Posted 03/20/2021   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm getting items from all over the country in 4-5 days. But Oregon to Florida seems to be insanely fast; like 3 days. Maybe just something in the routing/hubs and so forth but it is crazy fast lately.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
300 Posts
Posted 03/21/2021   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ifind the UK post office generally good, i've only once had something lost in the mail. My very limited experience of USPS has been good, I sent a letter a year or two back to the USA that got returned "address doesn't exist" turned out the recipient didn't know his own house number! But the house number was only the adjacent property. over 20 years ago I placed an order by phone with a company in Minot, North Dakota. A few minutes short of 48 hours later the order had bee put together packed, shipped and received in England via regular Air Mail. That really impressed me. A post card in 1997 took 5 weeks from Virginia, but it had been addressed to district of Columbia, Washington, England. It had been passed round the sorting offices of DC I unfortunately didn't collect stamps then but the recipient said it was almost unreadable for all the rubber stamps it got.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
801 Posts
Posted 03/21/2021   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Had a item sold & mailed in early October to Greece, presumed lost in December so I refunded customer. It showed up at his doorstep 2 days ago, and he let me know, paid for it and then ordered another stamp. He also commented "God bless the [Greek] post office!" Now that is a wonderful, glass half-full kind of person!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1110 Posts
Posted 03/22/2021   1:52 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Of the ~200 6x8 cardboard mailers I've sent out since October when things started going down hill none were lost and only a couple wre more than a few days late. One item was 30 days late, refunded and then repaid - so all good. So overall: B+
Valued Member
Australia
81 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   02:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear things in the USA are getting better.

Got a letter from the USA today (26 March).

Mailed out of the USA on 1 February................So about 7 weeks or so to get here.

Only three days though from the Australia mail centre to our house though.
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   07:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Things are getting better here in the USA. I SUSSPECT THE 10,000,000,000 authorization in emergency funding helped. The real news is the reorg released by PMG Dejoy. It's only 50 pages long, took me a couple of hours to wade thru, but my impression was well thought and comprehensive. Strategically it is a new direction, i.e. Packaging vs first class. The PO has always been a political problem wrapped up in a business problem. I believe the re org will help greatly with the business side. The other side will require 50 billion plus to initiate implementation. Now begins the heavy lifting.
Cheers
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6148 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is just money. Heck, they are printing it by the trillions right now. Give the USPS a trillion or so. None of the spending is tied to reality. It can never be paid down at this point and no amount of taxation will put a dent in it. Go for it.

PS : Postal rates will be increasing fast and furious because of the inflation caused by all of those trillions. There just might be some interesting stamp collecting opportunities buried in there somewhere just as there was in the German and Russian inflationary periods.
Edited by rogdcam - 03/26/2021 07:48 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6236 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My wife ordered a 103 pound table and they shipped it via FedEx on Wednesday (shipper was approximately 1100 miles away), it arrived on Friday (48 hours).

That's funny Don, we also just ordered a new 7 piece dining room set. Placed order Sunday and it arrives tomorrow via Fed Ex. Less than 7 days for a 7 piece dining set? not bad.

Now this on the other hand is funny. I bought a British Commonwealth stamp from a seller in Russia (I know) it was $10 so not too much invested. Date of purchase was Feb 6 and it arrived yesterday.

Cover shows it postmarked in Russia on February 8th, so basically a 7 week travel. I was just about to contact the seller when it arrived. SO I wait 7 weeks and the mailman left the mailbox open and it rained. Luckily the seller packaged it well and the stamp was fine.

Edited by stallzer - 03/26/2021 7:47 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5541 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears that the item was shipped from Cyprus.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6236 Posts
Posted 03/27/2021   08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose I didn't look twice at the stamps on the cover, just the date. The listing on eBay was item location Russia.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1112 Posts
Posted 04/21/2021   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My mail delivery has been crazy but not bad this week, here in the San Francisco Bay Area. On Monday, I didn't get mail until 8:15 pm. But on Tuesday, I got a delivery around 9:30 am, before I even left the house. When I got home from work, around 6:30 pm, there was even more mail in my box. Two deliveries in one day?! And this was regular mail, not special Amazon or parcel deliveries.

Mail from France and Germany has been pretty reliable, arriving in about two weeks, but I'm still waiting for something from Greece after 36 days.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 637Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05