Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Kelleher Collections Auction April Posted - Wow!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 2,714Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6101 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   08:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I let Tom know that none of the lot PDF or video links work. All "404".
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1480 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   09:09 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been watching the videos on the Kelleher site without problems, but I haven't been looking at YOUR items.

Ken

PS I just finished my wish list and if I was able to buy all my wish list items at the high estimate I would need $61,400, but I expect the high estimate won't be enough in many cases. In addition there would be some shipping costs because my wish list adds up to 112 volumes. Now I have to talk to the wife!!
Edited by KRelyea - 04/02/2021 09:32 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
796 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   10:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm getting the same issue on SAN - I'm sure he'll fix it soon.

There are some massive collections there - not for me, shipping to Canada would be a big pain. I like quite a few of the country collections - but not telling which ones :)

~Greg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5227 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of blood is going to be spilled at that auction ........or as Jim Morrison of the DOORS said ----NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5227 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finish my hit list ,going up to 150% and two lots are must have .

I have been watching a few auctions of collections and notice that mounted country collections sell the best ,meaning the highest return a collector can get is by mounting everything on album pages .

Half way thru mounting stamps in a 13 volume Scott Internationls ,hope to sell it next year .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6101 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
going up to 150% and two lots are must have

This auction is going to be c-r-a-z-y. Cannot wait to see the blood and dollars spilled. A cage match in Danbury. Who will get out alive!?

Pay-Per-View material.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1480 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   09:15 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Half way thru mounting stamps in a 13 volume Scott Internationls ,hope to sell it next year .

If you work fast I bet you can make $1-2/hour doing that. I can see doing that with a country collection if you have a lot of dupes but 13 vol Scott don't sell for big $ unless they are exceptional and even then 80+% of the value is Vol I. IMO

I don't know what is happening at Kelleher but the estimates seem low on the items I like. Usually Kelleher estimates are pretty good, but these seem low. I like a couple things that have no pictures and may be overlooked, I'm going to view the items so I might get an advantage.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5227 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KEN ---I work on stamps as my quiet time ,never looked at the dollar value . Looking at that old springback INternationals lot at Kelleher ,I am sure I can double its value with just adding my extra duplicates .
Edited by floortrader - 04/04/2021 1:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5227 Posts
Posted 04/05/2021   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have been looking around eBay and see the country collections are selling well. Surprised what breaking down that 13 volume Scott International can bring . Guess I have to change my opinion about putting it up on consignment with one of the stamp auction firms .Break it down and sell it myself .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1480 Posts
Posted 04/05/2021   5:12 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh darn I was going to buy it at auction and break it down into country lots and double my money. I hinge dupes into collections all the time but I sell them as country lots. I also do well emptying glassines onto black stock page lots and I even make $ moving stamps from manila stock pages to black stock pages.

As for Kelleher Lot 577 it's high estimate is $6000 and I'll be amazed (and happy) if it sells for less than 3X high estimate. If you have enough dupes to double the value of that collection you must have some amazing dupes!!

Ken
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5227 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree that a lot of buyers who been around for many years will not chase after the bidding . There has to be new players who will be doing this run up of 150% to 300% of estimates . I have recently purchased from Rasdale to have stuff to sell and went to Dutch Country for items for myself ,so as not needing to chase the bidding at Kelleher . I'll pick up something but it is not going to clean out the bank account ,

I'll wait until the summer auction to be aggressive .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5227 Posts
Posted 04/10/2021   08:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Surprised to see the bids starting to pile up for the auction already and a week to go .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5227 Posts
Posted 04/17/2021   07:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterdays U.S. stamp auction was not that crazy price wise lots of the bigger lots were in the estimated price range . So maybe today with the worldwide stuff it will calm down and stay in estimated prices. We shall see .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5142 Posts
Posted 04/17/2021   09:34 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Heh. The one lot from today's session that I was even remotely interested in I knew would never be obtainable. Kelleher's estimate was stupidly low... as has been borne out just in the pre-session bidding.

Lot 508. Persia. Kelleher's estimate was $2,000-3,000. It's already at $17,000 before the session even begins.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1480 Posts
Posted 04/17/2021   11:00 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wait til you see the 4 lots I want!!
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 2,714Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05