Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best Photo Corners To Use In Scott/Minkus Specialty Albums?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 267Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   04:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bcantin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi! I have a few larger, heavier items (postal cards, etc) that I want to mount in my Scott and Minkus specialty albums - and I've acquired a few collections over the years that had things like these mounted in the album with photo corners.

I'm curious to know what other collectors like to use for these... and preferably nothing that will destroy my pages in 10 years with a funky adhesive.

I have several packs of some that I got in one of those collections, but they are large and black, and really block too much of the cards I wanted to display.

Thanks in advance!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5510 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   04:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use Lighthouse's large corner mounts. You may get away with two per card or cover. Handle with care, as they really are adhesive - one accidentally dropped onto paper will stick to it! This shows the two sizes. There should be US stockists

https://www.michaelkay.co.uk/access...r-mounts.htm
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phillystamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I reuse the clear bags I harvest from a bulky FDC album I picked up at a garage sale. They are basically archival resealable clear bags that instead of resealing you use that flap to hang it on the page. It actually looks very tidy. You can buy them in all sorts of sizes. They peel off and if you are careful won't mar the page.
Pillar Of The Community
971 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   4:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are by far the best corner mounts I've ever found for holding larger souvenir sheets and covers. They're pretty sturdy, not flimsy sandwich bag plastic, and since they're clear they don't obscure what they're holding. This supplier is 'out of stock,' apparently, but if you can find them somewhere else I'd suggest buying some.

https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/g-...x-1-3-4.html
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bcantin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the suggestions!
Valued Member
United States
17 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bcantin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Drew - that's the sort of thing I'm looking for, I need something to hold a few items that are too thick for standard mounts (like postal cards). I have a Montserrat collection in a Minkus Specialty album and since completing it, I decided to add postal stationery to the end of the pages but I wanted something to hold the pieces securely to the pages. I have art corners but they are black and too large, and take away from the appearance of the cards and envelopes.

Looks like Wizard is out of those at the moment but I'll look around for them. Thanks again.
Pillar Of The Community
971 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem. There are also larger corner mounts, but I've found them less effective and pretty hard to handle as I try to get them neatly on the page. I hope these mounts don't go out of production as they seem to be the best of the lot.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 267Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05