Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott 227 Double Transfer?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 547Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
790 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Caper123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The first is what I would call an obvious double transfer (in UNITED) though I have not seen one before - there is a listing for it in Scott. The 2nd one is the one I question. Is it a double transfer (in the left 15) or just ink spots or what?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
700 Posts
Posted 03/26/2021   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks promising. There seems to be doubling hints in other features of the lower left quadrant but those could be imaging artifacts. Those other doubling indications would remove the "ink spots" issue.

With only one plate used to produce this issue, it maybe easier to find a second copy unlike other issues.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
790 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received now so I can share better pictures. Again, the one on the left is the one in question as the other is clearly a double transfer (in UNITED).

Pillar Of The Community
United States
790 Posts
Posted 07/22/2021   6:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update to this thread.

I have located a 2nd example of this issue with the same markings which ought to put to rest the possibility it is merely 'accidental ink spots'. There is a line for a 'triple transfer' in the Scott Specialized for this stamp but I've been unable to locate any examples of it. Opinions welcomed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7539 Posts
Posted 07/22/2021   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a double transfer; I have seen at least one other example.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
790 Posts
Posted 07/24/2021   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
By any chance Rev, have you ever seen the triple transfer?
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 547Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05