Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Tagging Errors And Oddties

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 1,658Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   7:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott 946b Booklet "Hook Flaw" tagging error

Here is the so called "HOOK FLAW" associated with Scott 945 in Unitrade.
It says this flaw is on the Scott 945 and appears up and down the stamp in different areas...

This is my Scott 946b booklet. The "HOOK FLAW" does not appear on the Scott 945, but appears on the French "label stamp". Can not find any information on this area at all...If some one knows any info, would be appreciated.

Robert

Edited by wert - 04/03/2021 10:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/05/2021   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Take a look at this Scott 1966 "Christmas" stamp.
It is tagged GT4 as per Unitrade Catalouge.

I took the picture with my powerful Ultra Violet lamp.
No tagging present...Wondering whether it may be a new variety.

Also perforation assigned as 12.5 x 13.1
I perf. it as 12.5 x 13.3

Anyone got another no tagging Scott 1966 stamp...??

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My nice example of Scott 587 tagging error..

As Major1044 noted...OP4 and OP2

Edited by wert - 04/06/2021 11:38 am
Valued Member
Canada
279 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Major1044 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Both of your 597 appear to have different taggings (OP4/OP2)
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/10/2021   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sooooo close to finding a new TAGGING error.
Scott 2072 stamp..see below.

Tagging database...Great site.
https://adminware.ca/tagging/tag_on...hp?scno=2072

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my nice find of a NEW tagging variety {G4aR} on a Canada Scott 2004 Christmas stamp.
Nice to find a new variety...Eh..??

Robert

Response from Adminware....

Quote:
Hi Robert
3-bar tag caused by slight MISS-CUT of the stamp to left. Nice tagging variety. It will included in a future update.
Thanks for your interest...John Jamieson
Valued Member
Canada
405 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add studystamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert:

You did NOT get a response from 'Adminware'.

Your response was from John Jamieson, who is/owns Saskatoon Stamp Centre.

Before posting... please, please, please ...get your information correct.

[I told myself I wasn't going to respond anymore to your posts, but this definitely needed correcting. Please give credit to where it is due Robert. This is getting ridiculous.]

Robin Harris
Adminware Corporation
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Again Robin..Thank you for your kind words....

I have been getting interested in tagging errors, so I go to....Adminware tagging database as below.
https://adminware.ca/tagging/tag_intro.htm

I have sent a few possible errors to the link provided in the database who is the editor, Del Peters. { A very nice and polite guy }
Del's reply to me...

Quote:
Sorry Robert but I sold my whole collection to John Jamieson at Saskatoon Stamp Centre so I am no longer involved in collecting. I am glad that my efforts are still be
utilized and hope they help. Please contact John he should be able to help you. Del Peters

This is the link that I get on this website for the editor as below.

John Jamineson response.
Hi Robert

Quote:
3-bar tag caused by slight MISS-CUT of the stamp to left. Nice tagging variety.I have not been doing much with Del's tagging reference since he quit.

WHO is the EDITOR now...??...WHO do collectors contact...??
Sorry, I am confused.
Robert

Edited by wert - 04/12/2021 7:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
596 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3Dadeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert,

I think what is going on is the following:

Adminware (Robin Hariss' site) hosts/runs the tagging database.

The database itself was originally editted by Del Peters who (as he told you) passed on his collection to John.

Del likely got your email and forwarded it to John (at Saskatoon Stamps).

The Adminware website needs an update on the Tagging Database contact info to avoid confusion.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
596 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3Dadeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one of mine:

790 G2e

Description: Double tagging error. Normal General Tag bars at sides plus a 2nd full bar down the centre cutting CA of Canada. Only 2 sheets of 100 reported. (Saskatoon Stamps has one for $89)

Edited by 3Dadeo - 04/12/2021 7:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW 3Dadeo
That is a fantastic stamp you got there...Double tagging.
Now you got me to look at more stamps...
Great find my friend....WOW

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
596 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   8:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3Dadeo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Robert,

Sorry for the fuzzy image. Have to try to get a better one sometime.
Pillar Of The Community
520 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   01:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, in regards to your Adminware and Editor query above, I think, as has been stated, it is simply that Adminware is a web host server for numerous things; one of which is the tagging database. It is no different than contacting a website owner who hosts their page on AOL. If the website designer contacts you, it does not mean AOL has contacted you. It is important to separate the host from who is running and operating that specific page/project/database/etc.

It looks like John emailed you, so that is who you would reference as contacting you. Not Adminware.

This is my interpretation of what is going on here, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if that is the case, hopefully it helps clear this up a bit.
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stamps101..Thanks for your reply...Still sort of confused, but anyways will just post tagging stamps and errors, etc.

Robert

Here is a 1194b close to being an error, but slight tagging on bottom..Better luck next time eh..??..haha

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 45 / Views: 1,658Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05