Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dutch Country Auctions Sale 333 - Unsold Lots

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 529Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2055 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   09:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add shermae to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Received an email today, as I'm sure many of you did, regarding unsold lots from Dutch Country Auctions sale 333. Given the current trends in auction outcomes I am surprised to see a fair number of unsold lots from Germany and Italy. I have also noticed a lot of Italy stamps coming into the market over the past year or so, especially on HipStamp and eBay. It has made me wonder why so much Italy has come into the market with lots not selling well. Any thoughts?

I didn't follow the rest of the Dutch Country auction- how were the results?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1199 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   09:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Re Italy & related, actually found it a reasonable seller for me. Definitely not as good as some areas - e.g. Japan, Spain - but consistent. So folks are collecting it. I thought it was selling better to European customers but my tracking actually shows US customers are my biggest buyers of Italy.

Also looked at those unsold lots re Germany/Italy, didn't see anything great.

~Greg
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8167 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For Italy at least I think that Scott's values are way out of whack and when estimates are based upon said values it may not go well. Also, there is sooo much Italy on the market. Same with Germany though. Maybe a glut?

Those are my thoughts.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
6381 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   12:36 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There always seem to be loads of German lots on the market. The shift from DM to , destroying face values of modern mint, can't have helped. On Italy, given past experience, how sure can you be that past, higher price mint issues won't appear in government auctions?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Older people have taken the worst of the Covid in Europe ,now their economy is terrible . So stamps one of the few places they can get foreign currency .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5857 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great !!! I just purchase their German lot for the "Bezirks " , when I seen they all had expert hs and they even saids it was unusual ,knew it was something to round out my German collection . I never seen those offered before as a collection with expertizing .
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 529Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05