Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Steele Box" - Some Stamps Found In This Box

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 864Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
3592 Posts
Posted 03/31/2021   6:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All I did was print the image, cut out the 2 loose stamps, reapply them with wads of tape to their original positions and rescan the result. Very primitive.

Also, I would be inclined see additional Steele Box items here, posted gradually enough for discussion on one item to develop before the next is posted, to reduce overlapped confusion.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 03/31/2021   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mforder to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello John,

I like the way you did that to show me where the stamps should be.

I was going to post one more envelope and the content from a different place and a different stamp on it. Large round staystamp which is a part of the envelope eagle and faces on it, 1492 and 1892. Post mark of Fort Stanton, New Mex July 4th 1892 in a purple ink. The letter talks about a bit of playing baseball.

I will wait to post it.

Thanks,

---Mark
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32199 Posts
Posted 03/31/2021   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and rescan the result. Very primitive.

Impressive, nonetheless.
I was thinking you did it digitally.
Pillar Of The Community
1396 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   11:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add blcjr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
mforder,

On the cover you are waiting to post, I suggest that you post it in the US Covers forum.

Welcome to SCF!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mforder to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
Thanks for the welcome much appreciated.

I can surely do that, I will post the cover / envelope or other items that have stamps affix to them in the appropriate areas like the covers. I will also add a link from this post in it so that folks can track back to the cover shown above.

I do appreciate the suggestion and I want to follow any guidelines that apply. I do not want to cause any issues.

Next post will happen shortly then.

Thanks,

---Mark
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 864Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05