Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling On Ebay Under New System

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 306Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   4:48 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I get notified of a client payment do I need to wait until it shows up in my account or do I just assume it will and ship. First time selling under the new format?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3766 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   7:18 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Always wait for cleared funds from the buyer before mailing.

Need to assume the worst because the worst will happen.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5120 Posts
Posted 04/01/2021   7:30 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Always wait for cleared funds from the buyer before mailing.

Need to assume the worst because the worst will happen.

100% FALSE!

You need to ship within your stated handling time, regardless of whether funds have reached you. Under EMP that may mean shipping before the funds hit your "available" balance, let alone before they hit your bank account.

You should get 2 emails on every sale. The first saying "Sale confirmed" which means the buyer has committed, but has not yet made payment. Then a second "Your item sold!" which means the buyer has made payment to eBay and the clock starts ticking.

If you don't want to ship before actually receiving the funds in your available balance, then you need to edit all your listings and push your handling time out far enough (5-10 days) that the funds will clear before you are obligated to ship.
Edited by revenuecollector - 04/01/2021 7:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1465 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   11:01 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As soon as an item shows up on my "Awaiting shipment" list I ship ASAP. I've been using Managed Payments since September and sold 1200+ items without any payment problems.

Ken
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1990 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   4:34 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sold two items in the past few days. I shipped both after getting verification of payment. No sign in my account as yet.

Getting worried...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7323 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If we can help you worry, let us know!

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3766 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   6:21 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Miss read the after eBay receives funds do I...

Yep I got it wrong.
Edited by KGV Collector - 04/07/2021 6:26 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 306Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05