Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

10 Green Washington 1867 With Grill.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 331Next Topic  
Valued Member
Latvia
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add kohinoor to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody!
inherited wahington stamp.
Only after few weeks or so, I guess the light was right, I noticed that the stamp does have something that could be grill.
For moment I was thinking that may be its hinge mark.

The grill is hard to notice.

The definet grill shows up when stamp is wet.
On wet stamp dots can be seen pretty well.

The the thing is that grill on this stamp actually measures 11to14 mm.

And interesting question is, why the vertical perforations is missing.

What do you think, please comment.

Here are the photos

Best regards

Send note to Staff
Edited by kohinoor - 04/03/2021 01:46 am

Valued Member
301 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a grill for sure. The straight edge on the left is likely natural - this stamp was printed in sheets of 200 then cut into 2 panes of 100. The "cut" line is not perforated. The right straight edge is likely from someone trimming it off the letter or something similar.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Latvia
13 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kohinoor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
I will post this here on "Traditional America stamps"
Who knows, may be the stamp is rare.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7444 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Before you do anything make sure it is a grill. Check this site: https://stampsmarter.org/learning/I...8Grills.html
And you might try to post a better picture - one that has light coming in under an angle so the tip's shade can be seen

Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 04/03/2021 12:10 pm
Valued Member
Latvia
13 Posts
Posted 04/05/2021   4:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kohinoor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you sir!
Will post update soon.

Paul.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 331Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05