Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Soviet Stamps Collection Sale Advice

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,104Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Brick200 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends. Looking for some advice on how to sell my collection. Large collection from 1951 to 2003. I am in the NY USA. Sorry if I break the forums rules... thanks in advance.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6241 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Without any details as to what your collection consists of nobody can provide any real recommendations. Mint, used, both, scarcer items, errors, storage display method(s), overall condition, catalog value? So much to know.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1917 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for replying. My collection has all stamps, blocks, complete sheets made by USSR and then Russia during these years. I am not sure about 1951 (do not recall if I bought all) but I believe all years after that complete. All new. Never hinged. I had picked every stamp about 25 years ago from a seller who had many year sets so all the stamps, perforations, etc are in fantastic quality. I have some rare variants but noting super rare (i did not have much money back them to buy super rare things). But when I was offered some variations for 5, 8, $10, etc I got them. I used to love this collection but now it is time to pass it to the next generation of collectors. I have additional things (catalogs, post cards) that will be a 'bonus'. All stamps are in the high quality albums and were stored perfectly (no humidity damage, etc). Is there a way to post photos here? Sorry cannot find it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5844 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome. How did you build your collection? Unused, used, combination? Did you collect to a catalogue, and if so, which one?
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I build my collection according to the Soviet catalogs. I think I looked at Scott for price references bit the main catalog for me were always Soviet catalogs.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5844 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Then I can't comment. You might actually have something. Which catalogue has been your go-to?
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this blue big catalog was the main one. But I have a few other older catalogs. And a bunch of annual catalogs that I always liked.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5844 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My interests stop around the revolution, so I use Lyapin, Michel, Chuchin/Barefoot, and Soloviev 1. Good luck with your effort. Let us know how it goes.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6241 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This material is in demand now and is doing well. Do you wish to sell it all at once as complete or break it down? You should have a Scott catalog value established to use as a basis for pricing. Do you know what that catalog value is?
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So please tell me what do I need to do :-). I had stopped collecting stamps in 2003. My goal during collecting was to get all stamps (chronology of USSR). Only new stamps. I was very pedantic about quality. My other hobby is vintage watches repair and I know how to handle delicate things. Looking at some free spots I left in the 1951 it looks like it may not be complete. But maybe I left space for some variations I was hoping to buy later. I remember doing so. I googled the prices and see that some of my early stamps worth few hundreds but I also see that the later years are quite cheep. I do not want to squeeze every $ but rather want to sell at a reasonable price to a mutual satisfaction of both parties. Frankly speaking I cannot imagine shipping these (it is a huge chest full of albums). If someone is in a tristate NYC area is interesting: welcome to my home to examine all. Obviously can send all the photos (but this image optiimizer is driving me crazy #128514;). If I am allowed to share my phone so you can text me: let me know. Will send you all the photos you want.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6241 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The forum rules preclude any type of selling/trading on the forum for members with less than 50 posts. If it is advice you seek that is OK. Don, the Moderator can speak to the issue better than I.
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 04/02/2021   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Brick200 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to sell the complete collection. The value: no, I do not know. My plan is:
Verify 1951 and 1952 years to make sure I have all stamps, blocks, etc. I do have the counts of stamps for each year so I least I can provide that. Then I will check the prices of the annual year sets on eBay. Add them up and maybe take 75% of that as a string price? Given that I have albums, catalogs, several complete years years of Ukraine stamps, hundreds of 1st day envelopes, and god knows what else: I think this should make it attractive to any person who wants to boost his collection!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 1,104Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05