Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cinderella From Bahrain?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 540Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
34 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add timbre-poste to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I was early in my collecting I received this on a cover that included a postage stamp from Bahrain. At the time I soaked both off of the cover but kept this with my other Bahrain stamps. I'm assuming it's a Cinderella but can't find any information about it. Wondering if anyone has any information on it? Thanks!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
555 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bahrain

Stamp is upside down

Postal tax stamp

Scott. RA2: Perforation 14.5

Scott RA2a: P 14.5 x 13.5
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbre-poste to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the very prompt response Calstamp. Being upside down explains a lot. I see it now! I've still got a lot of learning to do.

On to the next one.

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35827 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bahrain War Tax

Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   06:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbre-poste to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you rod222. Fascinating bit of history. That clip is definitely going to find a spot in my collection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1275 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a lot of information contained on a cover, information lost when the stamps are removed (torn off, soaked, clipped). The lost information results in the inability to answer basic question about the use of interesting items such as your war tax label's date, place and nature of use.

One should give consideration to such circumstances before destroying a postal history cover to collect just the stamps. Many times it does not matter, other times it can; one needs to choose wisely. As one's knowledge in philately expands the choices often become easier to make.

Of course, back in the early days of collecting soaking is what was done.

Edited by Parcelpostguy - 04/04/2021 7:37 pm
Valued Member
United States
34 Posts
Posted 04/04/2021   7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbre-poste to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Point well taken ParcelPostGuy. I treat my collection much much differently today in my mid 60's compared to my early 20's when I got that stamp.

I'm going over each stamp one by one as I put them into StampManager which I recently purchased. I've got about 500 done and maybe as many as 35,000 to go. I'm loving each minute of the search and discovery.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 540Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05