Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Top 10 Strangest Personal Collections

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 394Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1638 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   9:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add James Drummond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7323 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, at least stamps did not make the list!

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1882 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   10:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
185 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No mention of having others people's teeth. Ok.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   11:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Besides my stamps I have three other collections, two of them are a little out of the ordinary, and the third might be considered a little strange. One of the out of the ordinary collections is sterling silver bookmarks, and when I started collecting them (mid 1970's, just before moving from England to the US), I thought they weren't very popular, and they weren't back then but judging by how many you can find nowadays on eBay, they're quite popular, but the nice ones that you could pick up back then for 5 or 6 pounds are now considerably more. The other out of the ordinary collection is pre-publication review copies of books, the kind that publishers send to magazines and newspapers to review. They generally aren't completely proofread, lack the jacket, and often, in the case of non-fiction books, lack even the index, but they are quite uncommon since there usually aren't more than a couple of hundred copies printed. The collection that is probably a bit strange is product labels which say "Made in...." or "Product of..." and the name of a country. I'm trying to find as many different countries as I can, I have about a hundred, and after trying to think of the best place to store them, I thought of a book of flags of the world, so I've mounted them in that.
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   01:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Strange what people collect. Most people I have known can't understand why I collect stamps. I'm sure someone out there collects child's wooden toilets.
Pillar Of The Community
3467 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad my paperclip collection flew under their radar!
Pillar Of The Community
673 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://nl.search.yahoo.com/search?...m+collection

For Spanish and Greek nationals, it is Liposan, for those in the UK, Ireland, Europe east of Germany and Austria or in other parts of the world, it is Nivea.
There is a German girl who has a huge collection and a Dutch girl that has many hundreds of them.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
19 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RXC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Air sickness bags came in at number 8 of the top ten. I hope the collectors insist on mint examples.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1351 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Besides stamps, I have a collection of road maps, the kind you used to get for free in the U.S. at service stations.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1882 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a collection of about 40 Japanese Puzzle Boxes. Is that considered strange?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
296 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The guy who collects air sick bags; does he collect mint or used?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1882 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
... and is he particular about centering?

Edited by shermae - 04/07/2021 9:07 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 394Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05