Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Sent Me A Swap Package From Columbus Ohio?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 462Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add BobbyT to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I worked out a swap for some stamps with a member from Ohio whose name I have forgotten. I am ready to send a return package but the one I received has a return address without a name. Should I send it to "occupant" or "stamp collector" with the PO Box address? If it is you, please tell me your name so I can do a better job on this.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33085 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, can be a problem with attaching a name to an avatar.
I have to keep a database example Moosy2 = Bob Smith
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5278 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   5:01 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would not put "stamp collector" as the addressee as that might invite theft... unless of course you label the package "DANGER! LIVE RATTLESNAKES! HANDLE WITH CARE!" and throw a baby rattle into the parcel. That should do the trick.
Edited by revenuecollector - 04/08/2021 5:02 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6835 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Label it "2020 Election Ballot".
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33085 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How did he / she get your address?
If you sent an email, check your history.
Check your SCF posts on the subject, that may give you a hint.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
506 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You could just address it to "Fellow SCF Member". That way, it is unlikely to be discarded as junk mail. We all get too many useless mail addressed to "Occupant".
Pillar Of The Community
United States
685 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   07:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fellow SCF member gets my vote
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 04/14/2021   06:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL!! I love the responses here - the rattlesnake most of all. But the irony of marking it as 2020 Ballot was not lost on me either.

Fortunately the sender read my post here. Sometimes, in cleaning up the profusion of emails I seem to receive, I lose track of ones I have read and deleted. That happened here, and I couldn't connect up through recent posts, I couldn't find the ones with him.

But everything is copacetic now.

I am really enjoying this blind swap business. I have three trading partners now, have become friends with at least one of them. Getting a packet from them takes me on a treasure hunt every time. What do I have? And what do I need? Somehow it feels different than when I purchase material I pretty much what I paid for. Great fun.

I have so much excess material I could use more trading partners so please speak up if you are interested in trading.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 462Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05