Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

[death Of Prince Philip] Lost A Great Man Today

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 407Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1266 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampfan9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***
Send note to Staff
Robert

Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   12:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 04/09/2021 12:14 pm
Valued Member
United States
415 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Condolences to our SCF colleagues in the UK and beyond.
Valued Member
Ireland
253 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FitzjamesHorse to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Condolences to his family and to anyone who feels adversely impacted.
And understanding to those who are not.
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, can't believe I actually found out he died from a stamp forum
Learn More...
9256 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   4:01 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sigh.
I am getting covered up with complaints, I have regretfully removed the divisive comments in this thread. (Trying very hard to NOT participate in cancelling opinions.)

Do people even care that these kinds of comments make more work for others? Is the world just not divided enough right now that they feel the need to reap more discord and pain in a time when we ought to be trying to come together more? In the past times of stress used to bring people together and forget about the things that divided us. Given the world situation in this day and age I would think that striving to take the high road would be desirable.

There is a new thread "Prince Philip - Rest In Peace" over in the optional General Discussion area; please use it instead of this thread for posting your divisive opinions on the man. (If I could have, I would have moved the deleted comments here into that thread but this is not technically possible, sorry.)
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1743 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What Don said.

R.I.P. and thinking of our UK friends who are feeling this loss.
Pillar Of The Community
3529 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   7:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would add that I sent one of the comments to the moderators, but not about divisive comments, but generally about the title and contents up to that point. The initial title read merely:

Quote:
Lost a great Man today

...and the several posts which followed never once mentioned Prince Philip by name. It goes to the the heart of the matter of this Forum being useful even a few months from now. How wold anyone find this thread about Prince Philip when he is not even mentioned?

Thus my request for some title editing and the standard Titles are important blurb added to the first post. Titles need to be keyword rich like an eBay lot title. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it it takes the words to get to the picture. Thank you moderators!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5537 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to Don.

The negative comments and injected politics left me shaking my head.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
842 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rustyc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I expect some insensitivity and boorishness on Facebook, but not here. Sad. Thanks for dealing with it, Don.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6144 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in Peace Prince Philip. You were of the greatest generation that united to fight WWII and defend the World against unspeakable evil. You are owed a debt of gratitude.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 04/11/2021   8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...and the several posts which followed never once mentioned Prince Philip by name. It goes to the the heart of the matter of this Forum being useful even a few months from now. How wold anyone find this thread about Prince Philip when he is not even mentioned?

Thus my request for some title editing and the standard Titles are important blurb added to the first post. Titles need to be keyword rich like an eBay lot title. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it it takes the words to get to the picture. Thank you moderators!

Amen to that.
I join the request.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05