Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wurttemberg Stamp I Cannot Find A Listing For?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 388Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
30 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add postalpicker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a Scott's 2010catalog #3 for Germany and it has Wurttemberg stamps listed,
but this one is very thin and imperforate, could not find it listed.
Thanks in advance.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7656 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could it be postal stationery cut-out?
1894 postal card, see here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wurttember...143521361228

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Petert4522 - 04/09/2021 6:28 pm
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add postalpicker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would think that a post card, from that era, would be thicker paper, maybe they had some airmail thin paper stamped?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7656 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can not tell from here how thick the paper is, but if you can not find it in the catalog and someone has one for sale on eBay, it ought to be pretty clear.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6294 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears to be from an official envelope of 1890 or 1895. As a cut square, it is difficult to known from which envelope (size, paper color, and envelope inscription) it was cut. That is why Germany postal stationery collectors generally do not collect "cut squares".
Valued Member
256 Posts
Posted 04/10/2021   07:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Most likely from Michel DU 5 of 1890. Previous one were 5 Pfennig violet (1885 DU 4) and DU 6 were in 1895. Having a 1894 cancellation, makes it a DU 5 cut square.

Best regards

Hornet
Pillar Of The Community
France
1918 Posts
Posted 04/10/2021   09:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DU5
Valued Member
Chile
11 Posts
Posted 04/14/2021   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FoxPro to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
check out my album that I have published. Maybe it can be very helpful and you can finally identify the place and date of the stamp.

http://goscf.com/t/76871&whichpage=2#689353
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05