Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cow Themed Stamps From Cuba

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 455Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add moneil to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In the 2-1/2 years I've been a member of the forum I think I've won at least three giveaways and reciprocation is appropriate. There will be other material latter in the year when winter weather has me indoors working on the collection more.

Cows are a philatelic topic of mine and this set is among my favorite but I discover I have three sets of these (the peril of one's collection being largely boxed up for a while because of space and time but I sill went to stamp shows and peaked in on eBay).

Cuba Scott 1804-1810 MNH. Just for reference Scott 2015 catalog values for unused are $0.25 for 1804-1808, $1.60 for 1809, $3.25 for 1810, and $6.10 for the complete set. They were issued on June 28, 1973.

To enter please reply to this topic and be able to receive a notice if you win (at least 50 posts and e-mail turned on). I'll select a winner at random next Sunday April 18.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
313 Posts
Posted 04/12/2021   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a handsome set. I especially like the Jersey and Holstein issues. They have a look that combines inquisitiveness and mischievousness. My grandparents were dairy farmers and I remember that look well from my childhood.

Enter me please.

Thanks,
Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
549 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   4:45 pm  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great timing I am working on Cuba right now. Please enter me.
Thanks
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   5:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please enter me, thanks!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33036 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Enter my name please.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 04/14/2021   04:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
enter me.

Thank you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1245 Posts
Posted 04/14/2021   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Enter me as well. And thanks!
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   07:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AravindMichigan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please enter me
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
606 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please enter me. Thank you.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
enter me, thank you
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 04/17/2021   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add postalpicker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I have 50 post yet, but I would like to comment, you mentioned eBay, and they will not let American citizens that live in the U S A to sell anything from CUBA.
I have tried a few times and have gotten warned about doing this. I do see items on eBay from Cuba almost everyday, but when I reported these sellers to eBay, they said that they cannot catch everyone, or they say those sellers are not in the US.
Valued Member
India
50 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps_philateli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please enter me. Thank you.
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Before the drum roll (next post), I'll comment on postalpicker's comment.

I do recall (I believe) some posts here about Cuban stamps, eBay, and the U.S. trade embargo. Whether that applies to any and all Cuban philatelic items or only those since the 1959 revolution I don't know.

While I did mention eBay (which has been a source of my accidentally purchasing stamps already in my collection) the Cuban cow sets were purchased from dealers at a local stamp club's annual bourse, about 3 years apart.
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moneil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The winner is AravindMichigan. An e-mail has been sent.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05