Received this email from SAN today and found it to be a great example of the value and power of data and who controls it.
This email is going out to our list of extended features users. If you are already signed up at the $39.95 / month level or above, you have access to this information. If not, to gain access, you will need to upgrade.
Though Scott keeps sending you emails to remind you that his sales are no longer hosted at StampAuctionNetwork, we would still like to offer our assistance to you. We have compared the publicly available data in the Gary Petersen sale to our StampAuctionNetwork database, and can provide some very helpful metrics to aid you in setting your bids and doing research. Some of the data we provide is available at the Siegel site, but though they have introduced a very similar feature to our provenance and census features, they do it only for graded stamps (not exact matches), and of course they only have data for Siegel sales.
If this is helpful to you, please let us know by replying to this email.
This is a link to the report listing the Provenance / Census / and Pricing History Matches https://stampauctionnetwork.com/Get...&WhenSold=50
This is what the report contains:
• For 133 of the lots, we have exact matches on the same lot sold before by auction houses including Siegel, Shreves, Cherrystone, and Matthew Bennett.
• Of note are a number of St. Louis Provisionals, US Classics with blocks and multiples, inverts of Pictorials and Pan Ams, Columbian multiples, Shermack Type III's, many Washington Franklins and back of the book.
• There are 18 items that are at the top of the cenus and coming back on the market. They include 5A, 6, 23, 28, 39, 60, 70c, 70d, 81, 97, 243a, 296a, 316, 389, J8,PR28, PR29, and PR67.
• There are 54 items that are in the top 10% and/or top 1-5 of the census.
• From what we can tell, none of these stamps have been on the market recently. Of the ones we can match, 49 last sold between 2006 and 2011 and the remaining items prior to that time period.
• For each of the 549 lots we provide Provenance and Census information. For the lots where we do not have sales history to match, an estimate based on the suggested value will place them roughly in the census for you, from where by visual comparison you can determine your own estimate of valuation.
If you are not a member at the $39.95 / month level and you want to see an example of the Provenance / Census tool, you can watch it here (the audio is bad at the start, but clears up after a few minutes)https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/r...616960789000
Sign up or upgrade to Extended Features