Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Browsing For Stamp Album Paper

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,561Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clive,

Congrats on scoring the deal on the wide format printer. I think I'm going to look for one when I buy my next printer.

The larger page looks great. Frames the stamps really well.

Thanks for sharing.

Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   7:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That looks freakin' amazing. You mentioned using the 140-weight paper; do you get the impression that running the 240 through the printer would cause it to crinkle or bend?
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   10:15 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Congrats on scoring the deal on the wide format printer. I think I'm going to look for one when I buy my next printer.

It is amazing how cheap these printers have become.
Epson had the WF-7210 on sale for CAD$149.99 I guess it has been replaced by a newer model. The guy I bought it from burnt through the supplied ink cartridges very quickly and then discovered that it would cost around $100 to replace all 4 cartridges, as I only wanted it for album pages and not as my primary printer, I wasn't too concerned but I believe that this particular model can be expensive to run, especially for colour printing.

So if whatever printer you buy is going to be your primary printer make sure to read some reviews first :)

Quote:
That looks freakin' amazing. You mentioned using the 140-weight paper; do you get the impression that running the 240 through the printer would cause it to crinkle or bend

According to the specs, this particular model printer should have no problem with the 240gsm paper. Using the rear slot manual feed the paper takes a fairly direct path so there is almost no bending.

I am happy with the 140 paper, but it is about as light as I would like to go and wonder if the heavier 240 wouldn't have been a better choice, it is always difficult buying online and not being able to examine the actual product.

Clive

AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
PSGSA - The Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5607 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   02:17 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
240 gsm is significantly more substantial than the blank pages offered by Lighthouse, Yvert etc. I had some black Schaubek 240 gsm pages, and they were uncomfortably weighty to use as album leaves, rather than dividers.
Pillar Of The Community
993 Posts
Posted 05/11/2021   04:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clivel, beautiful pages and very well designed!

If it's any help, Dauwalder's Stamp Shop in the UK sells its own versions of Stanley Gibbons paper and binders (22 ring and others) along with many other stamp-related products. And some stamps, too!

I've found their products excellent and their prices very good. Shipping from the UK took very little time -- at least before the pandemic. But it wasn't as cheap as I'd hoped, of course. The nice thing about Dauwalders is they set out to make their own pages and binders that pretty well match SG products that had grown fairly expensive and weren't always up to the old SG quality. Consequently, I find Dauwalders is sometimes better than SG, at least for moderately priced products. They sell various versions of 22-ring blank pages. And they have good 22-ring binders with slipcases.

Give their website a look sometime as it may save you some money.

https://www.dauwalders.co.uk

Edited by DrewM - 05/11/2021 04:51 am
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 05/11/2021   10:42 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Drew,
Thank you for the compliment and also for the Dauwalders suggestion. I had a brief look at their website and it looks as if I should be able to find similar 22 ring pages and binders at better prices.
Thanks,
Clive
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
PSGSA - The Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa

Edited by clivel - 05/11/2021 10:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5607 Posts
Posted 05/12/2021   01:17 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen the new Gibbons range in the flesh, but from pictures I think you'll find that their look and feel is of a much higher order than the plastic Dauwalders ring binders. That may not matter, of course. I use Dauwalders blank quadrille leaves all the time, though.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,561Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05