Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mis Perf American Kestrel 1c 3031

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 183Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add glh0001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been selling a lot of stuff lately on eBay. I'm just now getting to some of my stamps and ran across this mis-perf block of the 1c Kestrels. Any decent value here? Is eBay the best place to sell it?

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7389 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Check eBay, there is a whole pile of EFO's listed. You can find what they sold for, if they did

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes there is value. This is a COD misperf; meaning change of design. The name has moved from the bottom to the top.

It has value as the block, vertical strips and if as singles the bottom row of singles with selvage would be the best. The top row with the torn stamps, not so much.

I must ask is the altered coloration in part of the top row actual or is it a function of the photography before I can comment further upon those.

Misperfs of this design are selling on eBay. By itself there really aren't many options for you otherwise except perhaps direct sale to an EFO dealer or if a member, via the EFO Collector's Club Auctions which appear in each journal, The EFO Collector.

"Birds" are a good topical with more interest than many other subjects. Interest means demand and thus a stronger market.

Two examples of this misperf sold at $8.99 each, including free shipping last month. That seems high for this uninspiring perf-shift but as it involves the vertical perfs, not horizontal, it seems scarcer.
United States
2 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add glh0001 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The difference in color was due the photography. I'm going to try to attach a new, and I hope, better photo. Final question, I would eith sell this as vertical strips (five of them) or as the whole block of 19. Which would make more sense, or would something else make more sense. I know I'm not going to get rich here, but if I break it up and I ruining some irreplaceable philatelic heritage? And thank you for the comments.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Large block will only take one sale. Vertical strips will take five sales but no one can say how many folks will want these in the next two or six months. You could split the difference so to speak with a vertical strip of three and a "regular block" of 16 rather than an "irregular block" of nineteen.

One can make big smaller but not smaller big. That said, there are some collectors who will be happy with a single or margin single, others a vertical pair and a few, the largest block they can get. You have the dice and it is your roll here.

Good luck and enjoy!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 183Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05