Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wanting To Know If These Stamps Have Any Value.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 367Next Topic  

2 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Uhoh282 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pbmorris to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That depends on your definition of "Value." The 1939 Duck Stamp is probably the most valuable at around $30. The rest are pretty common and many have quality problems.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   10:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well pbmorris has it well covered. However the duck hunting stamp may have so issue depending what the rad coloration looks like in real life. Also the 4 cent Lincoln looks unused and if so, it has a solid full face value of 4 cents on your next letter or package.
2 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   11:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Uhoh282 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information. My grandfather left me his stamp collection and I'm finally going through it. I have no clue about stamps. Lol
Pillar Of The Community
United States
683 Posts
Posted 04/14/2021   01:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not trying to be a downer, but the 'staining' on the duck stamp implies to me that it probably has no gum on the reverse (like maybe something spilled on it, resulting in the red staining) or, at best, disturbed gum. Its real value (based on condition) would be quite low - you might get $5 or $10 for it if you could find a buyer on, say, eBay. If it is creased, torn, or thinned (can't tell from the scan, but quite possible given the visible condition) it would be worth less than that. The other stamps are quite common and not worth much (pennies). I am sorry.

ETA: A 'genuine' used Duck stamp has a signature - I don't see one here. Someone may have interest if it is canceled with a clear town cancellation, but I don't see that either. It appears to be somewhere between (or outside of the spectrum) used and unused, which is not a good thing.
Edited by mootermutt987 - 04/14/2021 01:18 am
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 04/14/2021   06:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have anything to add about values here. But have a question for you uhoh - Are you interested in becoming a stamp collector or simply disposing of what you received? For me, the question when I receive stamps is not "how much are they worth" but rather "do I have these stamps"? And next, "do I like these stamps?" If you just wish to dispose of the stamps, don't expect to receive lots of money for them as, has been pointed out here, most stamps in general have little monetary value. They are worth something to the collector only.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 367Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05