Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

So Happy With My #9 Birth Date (15-4, Today) Cancelled Franklin

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 461Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
495 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   5:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i just received this last week and I am excited.

many thing come and at some point leave my collection but this beauty will stay.

15-4 is my birthday so this is a special one for me!

just wanted to share

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1832 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy birthday!

That's a beautiful stamp and cancel! It is a Taunton, Massachusetts, integral rate cancel, if you didn't already know.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1743 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamp!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2376 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
684 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
April 15 has a 'special' meaning to all of us in the USA, too. It is tax day - income taxes are due for the previous year. Due to the COVID, it is delayed a month this year, but normally it's April 15.

I always liked the Taunton MA cancel - the bold blocky letters say, "We mean business!". It's a very nice stamp you have there!! Thank you for sharing.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
28 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RXC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fijne Verjaardag!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1022 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   8:07 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
April 15 has another historical meaning in the U.S. I searched for a while for a cover with April 14 and April 15, 1865 for my 3c 1861 collection, and was able to finally get both of them.

Abraham Lincoln was shot on April 14, 1865, and died the next morning on April 15, 1865......

Nice stamp and find!
Ray
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
Posted 04/15/2021   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamp and cancel.

Yes, one's own birth day (month and day or day and month depending where you live) is a fun cancellation topical. Your birth date, month, day and year is somewhat more difficult topical.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 04/15/2021 8:11 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
495 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all, still looking for a 1 C Franklin with 21 june and august 3.............
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31935 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   06:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What is an integral rate cancel please?
Looked in all the glossaries.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
495 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
as far as I know, integral rate means the rate is in the cancellation, in this case 1 for 1 cent
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
495 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and in this case it shows it was used solo
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1832 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is an integral rate cancel please?

Quote:
as far as I know, integral rate means the rate is in the cancellation, in this case 1 for 1 cent

Yes, it means the rate appears within the circular town mark. For more information, see The U.S. Philatelic Classics Society Chronicle #216:

https://www.uspcs.org/resource-cent...b-chronicle/
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
495 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Classic coins, that is a great link
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1832 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31935 Posts
Posted 04/16/2021   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thank you.
Always something new to discover.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 461Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05