Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Identification For 1916 1 Peso Control Del Talon Stamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 277Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thanks in advance ...

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
9251 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   08:22 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awful title, how can anyone benefit in the future when searching with this kind of title? I fixed this one but please write more descriptive and useful titles.
Don

Edit; I have removed the other badly title threads you just started, Please repost with more descriptive titles.

I would also suggest that you consider first using reverse image online searches to find many of the stamps you are asking about. A image search would quick ID most of the stamps you are asking about, you can learn how to do this here https://stampsmarter.org/learning/H...eSearch.html

Using this method I IDed your stamp as an Argentine revenue stamp in less than 30 seconds.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   08:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the feedback, I am continuing to learn how to use this forum. I only knew of one on-line stamp image search engine and have run every image posted through it ahead of time. Thanks for the into on stampsmarter.org, I will also use it in the future. I have been asked to write more-descriptive titles, which I have begun to do. I have also been asked to edit titles after ID and I have asked how to edit titles with no response. This week, I discovered how by chance. Today I discovered that they can't be edited after one day, so I will edit them sooner. I have also asked how to reply directly to the writer of a comment with no reply. I would like to know. I have been an APS member and US collector since the 1970's and a ISWSC member and worldwide collector since the 1980's. In 2000, I stopped collecting due to business travel and only came back to it last year. All the internet functionality is new to me. I will be a useful member as soon as I can learn. Thanks again, I need the feedback.
Learn More...
9251 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   09:24 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No worries. You can use the 'Send Note To Staff' to ask us to change the title after 24 hours. This is sometimes needed especially when new information/posts are added which clarify the original request.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
789 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the text, this was one half of a revenue stamp. The proof of payment of tax remainms at the development committee.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Argentina-...201640067954
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2646 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have also asked how to reply directly to the writer of a comment with no reply.

There are two ways to directly reply to a poster. One way is using the "Quote" button( page with red arrow), as I did here or you can link the reply itself, using the blue globe with arrow, the last icon following you user name. Gives you this result;

https://www.stampcommunity.org/topi...77078#692157
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where would I find the "page with the red arrow"? I see the blue globe and clicked on it, if I select "copy to clipboard" it highlights a URL, what do I do next? Thanks, appreciate your help,
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2646 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Where would I find the "page with the red arrow"?

You just missed it!
It is on the Format line at the top of the text box where you type your messages, 2nd to last, on the right.

With the link, you paste it into your reply, which directs your comment to that poster.
Pillar Of The Community
789 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is on the Format line at the top of the text box where you type your messages, 2nd to last, on the right.

With the link, you paste it into your reply, which directs your comment to that poster.

The arrow only appears above the box when you use "Reply to Topic" and not when you use the quick-reply box at the bottom of the thread.
Edited by NSK - 04/22/2021 10:34 am
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have carefully looked all over this screen and absolutely do not see it anywhere ...
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.stampcommunity.org/topi...77078#691478

littleriverphil, please let me know if this worked, thanks, appreciate your help,
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"littleriverphil"

littleriverphil, please let me know if this worked also, thanks, appreciate your help,
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2646 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
littleriverphil, please let me know if this worked,

Quote:
littleriverphil, please let me know if this worked also,

#1 worked, took me to the start of this thread. #2, ??

Quote:
I have carefully looked all over this screen and absolutely do not see it anywhere ...

AS NSK mentioned, use "Reply to Topic".

Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   08:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aha, it's on a different screen, thanks for the clarification ...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
647 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   9:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to APS-ISWC and everyone who contributed to this thread. I learned a number of important and useful things, including how to use several of the buttons on the reply screens that I'd never examined before: shortcuts that I could've been using. How we do indeed learn from others!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 277Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05