Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fakes And More Fakes L136l4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 324Next Topic  
Valued Member

France
163 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,i bought this stamp from a well know eBay seller about a year ago,looking trough my albums(sic) I found it and put it up for sale,but to my surprise today I get a email telling me that is a fake,could that be true???i don't ave scanner and my phone make poor pictures but see if someone could figure that out thanks
naufrago
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
599 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the photo it does not appear to be a forgery. It could be a reprint.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you,i took it out off eBay,as soon I get the mail,thanks
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6259 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It does not feel very good to buy something that is not what it was listed as, does it.
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have no complains,the wheel keeps on turning,and that is karma,risky business,what can I tell,but they said send it back for a refund,like every body those I keep all paper work,and by the way satisfied,or money back,that's the way,look at my announces
mes salutations distingues mon ami
naufrago
Pillar Of The Community
3597 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, very likely true. Knowledge is the key. These are a minefield without Larry Lyons' monumental 3 volume work: "The Identifier for Carriers, Locals, Fakes, Forgeries and Bogus Posts of the United States." Very much harder to find a genuine stamp for many of them.
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where can we find the larry lyons work?you think that APS has it???
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6259 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   4:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32215 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SCF fincbob posted an image of Swarts in Black and white
Edited by rod222 - 04/18/2021 6:50 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 324Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05