Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's Wrong With This Shipment?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,141Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7405 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just went past it on the bus today; I think there are some mail boxes outside, but I cannot swear to it.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2570 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   9:36 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The limit that you can mail per day via the UN is something like only 5 pieces, so Gitner or his agent had to be in the very immediate vicinity for some other reason to make it worthwhile.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7394 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The OP states that the cover was cancelled at ZIP 10940. That is not anywhere near the UN. It is in Middletown, NY in Orange County. Sort of between New York and Poughkeepsie. Mr Gitner most likely has permission to use these stamps?

Peter
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vorskla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cancelled at ZIP 100XX, "New York NY 100"
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7405 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cancelled at the UN.
Pillar Of The Community
3530 Posts
Posted 04/18/2021   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why guess? Why not just ask Henry Gitner how/where he inserts UN-franked mail into the US or UN mailstream?
Edited by John Becker - 04/18/2021 11:15 pm
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   08:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vorskla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
>>Why not just ask Henry Gitner

They sent me spam, I don't talk to spammers.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
598 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would use a letter opener. Much cleaner.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
510 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   8:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone been to Gitner's store? I google mapped it and the building looks like a dream stamp dealer from the outside. Might have to take a drive.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6148 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does he have a deli?
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has anyone been to Gitner's store?

I was last there 3-4 years ago to pick up an order. Unless things have changed it didn't seem setup any longer to take in off the street shoppers. storage of material was everywhere. I'm not knocking them, they were extremely nice and gracious people. I'm just guessing they don't get a lot of walk in traffic any longer so don't need to keep the retail setup. I'm sure if you wanted to see certain material they would make an appt.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7405 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was there a few years ago. He has material in 3 locations, two right at the store, and one 5 minutes away. He has a LOT of material.
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They sent me spam, I don't talk to spammers.
--vorskla

Perhaps, oh I don't know, maybe send him a letter? You do have his mailing address. Or his website lists both a voice and fax telephone line.

By the way, thanks for this thread, I haven't had this much fun with UN material in a long time.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 04/19/2021 11:31 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7405 Posts
Posted 04/19/2021   10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wait until someone decides to start grading UN.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6148 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   12:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,141Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05