Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Catalogs, How Reliable Are Them?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 632Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Reading a post where the person is trying to find a 181 or 204 at all price I went though my little tiny catalog and what my surprise was???hehehe find the bug
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7435 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What are you doing?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Read!!! 90c Taylor deep blue $240000 dollars?????do you know very many #204 90cts????
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   6:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
this is not that old

Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand that 179,181 is not 2cts &204 is not 90cts

2nd bug 181 2 cts
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure what you're trying to address. What's your point? Scott italicizes prices for stamps that are unique or extraordinary in some way. Scott also does the same thing as every other catalog publisher: prices are based on some combination of estimate (realistic or not), market conditions, and (in the case of SG) at what price their retail arm might be expected to sell that item. Scott, Michel, Y&T, SG, Maury, Sakura, they all do it. So what?

Just because we likely won't ever buy one of them (let alone see one, perhaps) doesn't mean that there aren't others who will, and they deserve to see a guide price, too.
Valued Member
Canada
238 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   6:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No bug here. It used to be 275,000 in the the 2016 catalogue, so now is your time to buy. Bye
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The point is that they announce 2cts Taylor "181 450000 $ and a 204 Taylor 90 cts 240000$, do you know a Taylor 2cts and a Taylor 90 cts??? I will like to see them,for a company like Amos that mistake is very serious,don't you think??
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Casey,my point is not the price here,my point ,if you take the time to look ,is that they misidentified the stamp,read!!! as I tall you,you never see a 2 cents Taylor # 181,there still 5 cts Taylor,like the 204 there still 5 cts,not 90 cts
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7435 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Naufrago, maybe you need to read. The numbers and the prices are correct,

Peter
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Peter look where it said 204 is the firs line ,204,90 cts
and 181 2cts
don't tell me how to read,pleas,i maybe french but we know how to read just a little be
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2325 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, yes, not very smart of the person/people who worked on this. There would be no reason to change the basic part of the listing each edition normally, just change the pricing, if that. But it shows that there are no real copy editors anymore; self-editing is the recipe for stupidity like this. We probably should be happy that there aren't a lot more mistakes like this in any Scott catalog.
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hy-Brasil,thank you,i was thinking to buy myself a optical business,but I see that I don't need it,everything started because there is someone that wants to have at all price one of those,not degrading anybody he is new like me also looking for opportunity's,but I think is nothing wrong with it we all do,
mes amities
naufrago
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6248 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are about to spend that type of money on a stamp I doubt very much that the wrong denomination in the catalog would trip you up. Unless you are buying those stamps on eBay without a certificate.
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rogdcam,do you think that I have the budget for that?this are not my wishes,if has to come it will come,but was just a comment as I went to the catalog,and I se that the description of the patint was wrong,nothing out
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/20/2021   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rogdcam,do you think that I have the budget for that?this are not my wishes,if has to come it will come,but was just a comment as I went to the catalog,and I se that the description of the patient was wrong,nothing out
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 632Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05