Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

France Ceres Identity Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 275Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

Canada
758 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Just_fella to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I've been going back and forth,
Think it's time to ask a little help if I could?
I keep relabeling these and I think it time to put them to a rest...
I'm using a 09 Scott's c-f and what ever else I can find
I think the 2nd 25c and the 20c are possibly French colonies
The 10c could be a #54-55 and possibly #57-58
Send note to Staff
Edited by Just_fella - 04/22/2021 11:00 am

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6149 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The French Colonies are imperf.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France
1657 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The "Ceres" stamps from French Colonies are imperforate.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
758 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   11:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so colonies is out
I was looking at the shading on the neck(why I mentioned it)
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5538 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   12:02 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First one looks like Yvert 58, second and third, Yvert 60, of which there are three types, yours probably being Type I, fourth, Yvert 37, but I await views from la France. Can't help with Scott numbers.

You may find this site useful

https://www.timbres-francais.net/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2321 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You have the Scott numbers right. The paper color of the 10c is best seen by looking at the back. Unless the paper color is very strong (it varies), it can be hard to tell from a scan on a computer screen.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
758 Posts
Posted 04/22/2021   10:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still not 100% about this one for a number
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2321 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What else could it be/what is the alternative? It is an Yvert type III, which is as common as the type I.

EDIT:Duh. Like vayolene said.
Edited by hy-brasil - 04/23/2021 03:59 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the cancel is 373, if that helps at all. :) The stamp itself looks like Scott 58, but as stated above there are different types of 58. That upper right corner might help narrowing it down.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1657 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   01:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It might be 3734 (Saint-Malo)
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1743 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   05:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It might be 3734 (Saint-Malo)

Agreed.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 275Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05