Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help On Certification Process

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 727Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add StampNube to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If my stamp has excessive hinged remnants on it should I remove them before I send the stamp off. Or is that not recommended
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6408 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I assume you ask because the hinge(s) is/are really stuck on good (bad) and you can not just peel them off. Have you tried soaking?

Two sides to this one. A heavy hinge remnant or multiple hinge remnants can make it difficult to determine if they are hiding faults. They also will be noted because if they are removed later and expose damage or the removal causes damage it will obviously change the certificate as far as soundness goes. On the flip side if they are stubborn hinges you could damage the stamp removing it.

In general unless it is a really scarce/rare or valuable stamp the hinge is a downgrade to the value.

A picture would do wonders.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
246 Posts
Posted 04/23/2021   10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also remember that the general condition of the stamp is extremely important when it comes to value. The pictures you have been posting have been space fillers or one step down. Just my view, no offence.
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Pillar Of The Community
3660 Posts
Posted 04/24/2021   12:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We don't even know if the stamp you have in mind is used or unused.

PLEASE provide fuller information, rather than asking vague questions without illustrations. Otherwise to be frank, your question is pretty much "garbage in, garbage out"
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   03:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StampNube to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6408 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   07:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing to remove. What am I missing?
Pillar Of The Community
3660 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stampnube,
I don't wish to be harsh, but you continue to play games with your posts. I have yet to see a single one of your posts where you supply COMPLETE information about any stamp question. Why is it so difficult to post a complete scan of the front AND a complete scan of the back, then perhaps a detailed scan of the point in question? Also with proper illumination and without any distracting background.
Once again, garbage in, garbage out. Have you noticed you are not getting many replies to your posts?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6252 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why on Earth would you be sending that stamp for a certificate? Let me save you some money, don't send it in.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Netherlands
500 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
is this a joke? it is not even 1st of April ;-)

but if serious I am very curious what is so special about this stamp you want it certified
Valued Member
France
165 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   12:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That stamp is a 5 cts Zachary Taylor 179 or 185 but stampnube wants to find at any price a 181 Ór a 204
Valued Member
United States
46 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add newguy71 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What stamps are good ones to send off.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5676 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   1:16 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps that are open to uncertainty, eg possibly valuable papers or shades, valuable stamps that are known to have been forged etc.
Valued Member
Learn More...
424 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamps4Life to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
StampNube, why not post a picture of the front too? This seems like an odd thread....
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 727Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05