Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Revenue Paper Rn-B1 With Sample Instead Of Two Cents

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 391Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
859 Posts
Posted 04/25/2021   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gettinold to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi

I have an older Scott Specialized from 2005. Awaiting delivery of a current Specialized from Amos. The catalog I'm using now mentions there exists Revenue paper with the word Sample instead of Two Cents. I assume the Samples were not for use but test issues. The assumption could be completely wrong. I have an example cut from an unused check and would appreciate any input as to whether or not these imprints were for test purposes only or intended for use.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
Posted 04/25/2021   3:33 pm  Show Profile Check ericjackson's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ericjackson to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These were used on Sample or Specimen checks to show what kind of products the printers could deliver. They were not valid for use. Unfortunately, your item is only a cut square of the stamp which greatly diminishes the value.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
859 Posts
Posted 04/25/2021   4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ericjackson

Thank you. Shame collectors destroyed items to save space. Guess they thought there was no harm in doing so.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
730 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revenuermd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Here are two images of complete checks with RN-B1 sample that would have been part of the salesman's things to show potential customers of Maverick, Stephan & Co. of New York. These exist for quite a few companies that printed checks.

Ron Lesher
Pillar Of The Community
United States
730 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revenuermd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We should add tha these SAMPLE imprints are considered specimens, but in contrast to postage stamp equivalents they have never been given separate listings in the Scott U.S. Specialized. Hopefully, we can convince the editors to give them listings next year.
Ron Lesher
Pillar Of The Community
3660 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On a slight tangent ... here is a "sample" RN-G1, which also has "invalid for actual use" below the stamp

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
These exist for quite a few companies that printed checks.

I would be interested in seeing more of these salesmen sample checks from different printers!
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   8:15 pm  Show Profile Check ericjackson's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ericjackson to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a number of them on my website that you can view here:
https://www.ericjackson.com/rSearch...Group=&cond=
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1227 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are terrific -- thanks Eric!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 391Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05