Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With Identification - Barbados One Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 456Next Topic  
Valued Member

Brazil
52 Posts
Posted 04/25/2021   8:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jose.ze to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone. I need help to identify the "stamp" attached. Is it just some sort of cut out from postal stationary or could it be something else? It's printed on cardboard, nothing on the back. Any comments?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5933 Posts
Posted 04/25/2021   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
post card cut out or postal stationary .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2036 Posts
Posted 04/25/2021   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Post card cut square.

Will get details when I'm back in the office.
Valued Member
United States
86 Posts
Posted 04/25/2021   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stamp Hunting to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Disclaimer: I'm just a long time collector, not an expert.

From your image it does look to be an old postal card/stationary used at the turn of the 20th century. The image is of Queen Victoria and all postage with her image on it would have been removed from circulation within a year or two of her death in 1901 (to be replaced with the image of King Edward VII). It may have taken longer in the colonies to remove them. I would assume that it is at least dated to pre 1910.

Since it does look to be cut off the original cardstock/stationary. It does lower the value most of the time. Some of these printed stamps can be worth a lot even when cut from its original place of origin. I don't have a catalogue that can tell me the value, so I can't give you a true value for it. I'll leave that for the British colonies expert in this forum.

It is top notch workmanship for the time. Very nice piece.

Disclaimer: I'm just a long time collector, not an expert.
Edited by Stamp Hunting - 04/25/2021 9:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2036 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   12:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jose.ze

The postcard dates from 1882.

Its original size was 140x89mm

Hope this helps
Valued Member
Brazil
52 Posts
Posted 04/26/2021   01:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jose.ze to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bob, Stamps Hunting and floortrader for the help.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 456Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05