Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Happening With The Price Of Modern (After 2016) US Stamps?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 2,702Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Letterpress to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, you can buy modern stamps for less than FV by getting them from business vendors vendors that sell to businesses, who are not even thinking about the world of philately.

One such outfit: https://buydiscountstamps.com/

Never used them, but I've been aware of them for years. $500 minimum. Discount is about 10%. Good selection.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is that like a legitimate outfit? Like if I bought 1000$ worth of forever stamps would they actually be real? The USPS is ok with companies like this?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2946 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   8:06 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"By the way, you can buy modern stamps for less than FV by getting them from business vendors vendors that sell to businesses, who are not even thinking about the world of philately."

Just because they sell to businesses doesn't mean they know nothing about which stamp carry a premium and even if they are clueless, they have to source their stamps from someone and their source likely knows.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8310 Posts
Posted 05/20/2022   9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that like a legitimate outfit? Like if I bought 1000$ worth of forever stamps would they actually be real? The USPS is ok with companies like this?

It is no different than buying a face lot at auction. Stamps, as with most things, have a secondary market. The USPS made their money when first sold. Why should they care?
Valued Member
385 Posts
Posted 06/17/2022   8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revisiting this thread after a year.

Now that the stimulus payments are over and there is record inflation and energy prices coupled with a declining stock market, has that dampened the high prices on modern stamps we anecdotally saw last year? Every single person is negatively affected by inflation.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
Posted 06/20/2022   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Letterpress to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I think it's very likely to be legitimate based on my digging a couple of years ago. Note that it's not unusual to be able to buy stamps below full price I used to see slight discounts on rolls and books on eBay all the time. There are different reasons for this, different supply chains for discounted stamps, like businesses that have a surplus and need to unload them they can't return them to the USPS after all.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 36 / Views: 2,702Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05