Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Perfin Control Mark New Discover

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 470Next Topic  
Valued Member

France
163 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi every body,today I get a response from the APEX about if it was a 343 or a 383 well is a 343 but searching on the archives of plenty of sites and I arrive to the conclusion that is the only one expertized,and probably survivor of the 15 marked by the California Perfume Co,could this be very interest??

cert n°237156
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6238 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You already asked about this.

http://goscf.com/t/77037&whichpage=1#691032
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Rogdcam,but I wasn't sure of the authenticity,now I know and discover that no other one is around,that is why is interesting
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7431 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Smart move to start a new thread - makes a lot of sense?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2737 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did APEX comment on the control mark?
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Catalogue n°343
Condition,used
Opinion Date 4/15/2021
Final Opinion,Unites States,Scott 343,Used,schermack Type III Perforations,
California Perfume Company Perfin
Genuine
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cert N° 237156
Pillar Of The Community
United States
624 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   8:29 pm  Show Profile Check kcaramat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kcaramat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
California Perfume Company was located in New York City. It later became Avon Products.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6238 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Mom loved Avon. I hated the mothballs.
Valued Member
79 Posts
Posted 04/28/2021   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bankruptcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My aunt was an Avon Lady for over 40 years. Every year she'd give my dad a couple of Avon cologne and after shave gift bottles. I inherited the entire collection. Most still full.

A nice collection, but an absolute bear to clean.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
624 Posts
Posted 04/29/2021   02:32 am  Show Profile Check kcaramat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kcaramat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your stamp is just 1 of 15 copies of the #343 with diamond perfin that are known to exist in stamp collections. There may be others that have not been reported.

It is the only one that I know of that has been certified. Very few Schermacks with control marks are sent to be certified. Only a handful that I am aware of. It really doesn't materially increase it's value.

The stamp is probably worth around $100. If it had been returned as a #383 it would have only been the second one recorded. (I have serious doubts about the first one)

In that case, probably would have been worth $200. There just aren't that many serious Schermack control perfin collectors left.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2737 Posts
Posted 04/29/2021   10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the follow up Naugrago. Neat item.
Edited by stampcrow - 04/29/2021 10:44 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 470Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05