Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help! What Could Those White Characters Be?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 773Next Topic  
Valued Member

408 Posts
Posted 04/29/2021   11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add idebee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I got a Christmas card from Canada Post and I love the painting very much. But when I took a close look and found some white characters in the middle. At first I thought they are part of the original painting, but I checked the original painting on the web and it is not the case. So I guess it must be stained by other mails, but generally I see them stained by black ink, while this one is white (ink?), so I am quite confused what they could be. Since the English characters are quite blur and broken and it's too hard for me even for a guess, so could anyone familiar with post and mails help me to tell what they are. Is it an address or a postmark? Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France
1815 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   03:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I can't help you
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Vayolene, thanks anyway! I have already seen the original painting on the stamp, which made me come to realize that the white characters is not part of the painting. But I still feel it's interesting to know more about what they are as well as the painting itself.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32550 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   06:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
as well as the painting itself.

Maude Lewis
Here is a film of her life

Best acting performance I have ever seen by the lead lass.

wCZ_guQTGNw
Edited by rod222 - 04/30/2021 06:46 am
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, rod222, thanks for the info . I have already watched the movie, which is no doubt a good one, but I think the real life story of Maud Lewis is more touching and impressive especially when seeing her smiling after knowing her go through so many adversities. And it is the best acting performance I have ever seen if we we take life as a play as someone call it.
Valued Member
Canada
135 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pwscg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Idebee,

I don't have the white characters on my two (1 addressed to me, the other not) Christmas cards.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2408 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly what are we looking at in the OP? A postcard, a greeting card, the stamp?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7533 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   7:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The OP states it is a Canada Post Christmas Card.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
669 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   01:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Incomplete ink transfer not related to the printing of the card. May rub off.
Did I win?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2408 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Per Parcelpostguy, since it is reversed on the original, it does looks like a transfer from some other product package data. There is a number at the top and CHINA at lower left. TOWE??S in the middle.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1152 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like it might be the rubbed-off remains of an address. The last line could very well read "CHINA".
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   06:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, thanks you all for all the hints! I am sure it's an address now. The first line is a serial number which I see on my card too, but I don't know whether it is just for this type of Christmas cards or for all the mails from Canada! And it's still a little mysterious for me that sometimes the address is printed in white ink and not flash drying in time!! And I would rather not rub them off, it's interesting additional postal information anyway, and I can now identify the word above China is Beijing#65292;It seems to be a little detective game, isn't it! :-)
Learn More...
9502 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   07:21 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   03:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, 51studebaker, thanks a lot, good and handy tool#65281;
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3124 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The OP should show the entire card (front & back) and from where it was posted.
Guessing games ...
Pillar Of The Community
806 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And... it's VERY tiny
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 773Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05