Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Check This Stamp Collection That I Have And Please Advise Of Its Value And Rarity.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 366Next Topic  

Jordan
0 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   07:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add FHaddadin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
Please check this stamp collection that I have and advise on its value if possible. I do have other stamps which I am taking photos of. I will post once am done.

Thank you
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6241 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure why you started a second thread for the same topic.

The stamps are common and some are damaged. No rarities. Sorry my friend.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
854 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   07:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   08:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

As others have stated, the stamps you posted are very common. And are likely to be found in every "beginner" collection.

As such the market value is very low. For reference, check eBay. Likely you will find numerous similar offering priced at pennies per stamp.
Valued Member
United States
481 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   08:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FHaddadin

There is so much more to our hobby than value. Your stamps mean the most to you because they are family, from your father.

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
Jordan
0 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FHaddadin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Alright, Here are some more of what I have. I highly appreciate your time to reply and review my collection.
Pillar Of The Community
854 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At first sight, the same here. Those small stamps with Queen Elizabeth II (UK) require a check of the watermark and of graphite (black stripes on the back) and phosphor to see if there is a rarer variety. The mix of face values suggests these are ordinary sheet stamps that were used on millions of letters and will be the common types, even if they have phosphor or graphite bars.

The 2 Castle might be worth something (not much) if it is a specific printing. This picture shows too little detail to be sure. But my guess is again it is a common stamp.

The photograph does not provide sufficient detail to assess the quality. Nice stamps for a collection. As hoosierboy wrote: you determine the actual value. But most likely they are of little monetary value.
Edited by NSK - 04/30/2021 09:16 am
Jordan
0 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   09:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FHaddadin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are the complete collection that I have. I highly appreciate your assistance on this matter. Thank you in advance.

Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Fadi.

Thanks for sharing. While relatively common (and therefore of modest catalogue value), your stamps can form the foundation of a starter collection. Similar to how many other Forum members started.

Suggest you obtain a nice pair of tongs, perforation gauge, and watermark detector. You will then be equipped for a lifetime of stamp enjoyment.
Pillar Of The Community
854 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And if you have a uv-lamp (long wave will suffice for most of these) you may even enjoy finding variations in phosphorescence and fluorescence. Those larger-sized Spanish 100 and 200 ptas stamps exist on ordinary and phosphorised paper. The latter type would be the rarer type.

Lamp on:

Afterglow:

(both blocks are still there)
Edited by NSK - 04/30/2021 10:05 am
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1761 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   03:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's quite amazing NSK.

I'm always pleased to see something completely outside my usual collecting interests!
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since you're beginnng with a wide variety of countries, you might want to look at the International Society of Worldwide Stamp Collectors (ISWSC), a very active group. http://www.iswsc.org/

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 366Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05