Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Faker - Selling Unmarked Fakes

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,402Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldboldandbrash to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Christ this guy's even sold a "signed" Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood". Really tried to replicate Capotes chicken scratch signature
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two feedbacks for the seller:

+ Good looking fake ........... l***n (6141)
(Private listing)

+ Packaging left something to be desired for a large value stamp .... ****b (206)
(Private listing)

Those seems to cover the "stamps" being sold. Positive feedback for a fake and positive feed back from the clueless.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6121 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, all of the fake stamps sold. The One Pound green Seahorse went for over $100 with 14 bidders.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5517 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sad.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265137323950
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254955794282
Not as egregious as the inverted center Bluenose from Canada, but still up there. You'd have thought he'd use different fake cancels on each of them...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5517 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Both of those Swedish classics cancelled in Stockholm on the same day!
Edited by bookbndrbob - 05/01/2021 11:30 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
682 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The cancels could be explained by the two stamps having come from the same 'cover', one next to the other. Look at the paper of the two lots - these two stamps were torn apart from the same 'cover'. Still, why would someone separate these two stamps used together?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5517 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The overwhelming evidence, from what I am seeing, is that the paper looks "wrong" and the perforations look "wrong". This is consistent with all of the other garbage this person is selling.

This person is quite obviously creating bogus material, and the cancellations fit the pattern.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamp paper is too white to be the hand made wove paper used on these, the perforations look like the holes are the wrong size and of course the cancels... :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1560 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This thread continues to reinforce my long standing policy of not buying anything on eBay. It's the "Wild West" of philately.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are deals to be found on eBay, but of course you need to know what you are looking for, and recognize it when you see it. I see nearly as many bad items in the big auction house, as a ratio to good, than I see on eBay...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6121 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   8:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see nearly as many bad items in the big auction house, as a ratio to good, than I see on eBay...

What house would that be?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
578 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   11:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty much any of them, if it's material that doesn't fit their specialty.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1560 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't aware that any of the major auction houses have "specialties." And I've been an auction buyer since the 1970s. The large auction houses currently in my network are Cherrystone and Rasdale. Cherrystone seems to have some partiality towards, and good knowledge of, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian material. But I wouldn't call it a specialty. I've been happy with purchases from both houses.
Edited by Climber Steve - 05/06/2021 11:42 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,402Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05