Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Good US Commemorative Printable Albums?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 476Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
30 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add JoeTheLucky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I am looking into getting a us commemorative stamp album. Does anyone know of any printable ones (preferable free)? If there are not any available which I'm sure there are but I can't find em, I'll make 'em.
I don't want something like stamp smarter's albums with the stamp photo inside it because it is a big ink drain. Preferably all commemoratives less maybe from 2000 on, (If it has moderns I'll just won't print those pages
Any ideas?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
321 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These should be what you're looking for.

https://www.philosateleia.com/album/
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JoeTheLucky to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just found that a few minutes after posting, just It is hard to tell what is commemorative or not, because its just in a zip file without good names for the file or whatever, There is also I think 2 listing of the commems which makes it a bit harder to do what I want.
But I can defiantly manage.
Edited by JoeTheLucky - 04/30/2021 8:40 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
484 Posts
Posted 04/30/2021   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Make your own, using the FREE AlbumEasy software. Download it at https://www.thestampweb.com/albumeasy You can set your own frame sizes, page designs, include or exclude images. Color images can always be printed in grayscale to avoid using your colored inks.

Here are a few examples I made for my own albums:

Valued Member
United States
30 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   07:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JoeTheLucky to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice,

How do you define your topics, I seem to get alot of miscellaneous ones.
I originally was going to do it by topic, but Ima do it by issuing date instead.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
484 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I define a topic as anything that interests me - Scouting, flowers, trees, insects, aircraft - you name it.

I did the Medical theme album for my daughter, who is a Nurse Practitioner. The QEII series was because my grandfather gave me a mint set of the stamps when I first started collecting almost 70 years ago. The Farley page is from my OCD-inspired interest in those special printings. I have 13 U.S. topical albums posted for free download on stampweb.com, as do several other authors - just scroll down to the USA albums near the bottom of the page. See https://www.thestampweb.com/albums/free-downloads.

With the AE software, you can make pages any way you want - topical or arranged by date. Here are two examples of a topic arranged by date of issue. There's no reason you couldn't do something similar using only US commemoratives covering whatever date range you desire.

Edited by uboatnut - 05/01/2021 1:13 pm
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
uboatnut:

I discovered your awesome US pages on the AlbumEasy site several weeks ago. The Farley pages, in particular, are outstanding. All of them, in my not so humble opinion, represent the state-of-the-art for those of us who are interested in doing it our own way...

Thank you for sharing your work with the entire community.

John
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
because it is a big ink drain

Why wouldn't you use a laser printer?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
484 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   12:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic_paper: You could certainly use a laser printer - if you had one AND if it could handle the size and weight of paper desired. If you wanted the images in color, you'd need a color laser printer. Not too many households have one of those. Inkjet printers are far more common than laser printers in homes.
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
Posted 05/02/2021   10:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Which is strange, given how cheap lasers are.
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   2:35 pm  Show Profile Check clivel's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add clivel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@johnsim03
Quote:
I discovered your awesome US pages on the AlbumEasy site several weeks ago. The Farley pages, in particular, are outstanding. All of them, in my not so humble opinion, represent the state-of-the-art for those of us who are interested in doing it our own way...

Thank you for sharing your work with the entire community.

John,
I have only just come across this thread so hadn't noticed your comment before. So it is nice to see uboatnut getting some appreciation for his really excellent album pages
Thanks,
Clive
AlbumEasy - Free software for creating custom stamp album pages
PSGSA - The Philatelic Society for Greater Southern Africa

Valued Member
United States
321 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
About 2 months ago, I bought a laser printer specifically to print album pages with and I'm glad that I did.
Edited by Coastwatcher - 05/09/2021 10:12 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
484 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried (unsuccessfully) to find a wide format laser printer that could handle the odd sized blank Scott National album pages. I make my own pages using AlbumEasy. I can buy a wide format inkjet printer (HP Officejet 7740) for around $250.
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sotwuser to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FYI, if you use a laser printer do NOT use page protectors, plastic binders or anything that can create static electricity. In my many, many years of working in offices, I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen the printed image end up on the inside of page protectors. Also, as toner is basically a form of plastic, I'm not sure how archival it really is.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 476Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05