Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Caribbean Says Howdy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 337Next Topic  
Valued Member

89 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   04:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add STTScott to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been a fan of stamps since my youth (which was way-long ago), but ended up paying more attention to cultivating a coin collection. Then the pandemic happened and ended up with all this unoccupied time, so it seemed like a good opportunity for something interesting to hoover up hunks of disposable income, so that's how I ended up indulging yet another of my dad-geek hobbies.

I relocated from the Midwest to a small Caribbean island where this hobby and a stamp/coin shop are non-existent, so this forum is a nice outlet.

My biggest appreciations are USA issues circa 1900 to the late 1940s and primarily categories such as Special Delivery, Air Mail, Expositions/Centennial-ish commemorations, and oddly enough, fancy SON cancels and match company proprietaries. Or sometimes I'll pick up something stray with virtually no catalog value simply because I love the way it looks.

So there ya go. That's my Reader's Digest version.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1806 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy to the Caribbean from Downunder!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   06:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3150 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   06:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!
Al
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
STTScott,

Hopefully you are safe from the volcano. Which island are you on?

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences. Russ
Edited by hoosierboy - 05/01/2021 08:25 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
685 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! Which island?
Valued Member
89 Posts
Posted 05/01/2021   1:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add STTScott to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Hoosierboy and @funcitypapa:

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, which is a good 400 miles from the volcano on St. Vincent. Native of the far Southeast Side of Chicago a spit away from Northwest Indiana.
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   1:26 pm  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!
You could create some maxicards...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2013 Posts
Posted 05/13/2021   4:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I visited Charlotte Amalie many years ago. Great vacation though as I recall cab fares were very expensive. There is actually a stamp dealer in USVI who, oddly enough, specializes in the entire Italian area.

Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   09:13 am  Show Profile Check DC3's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DC3 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
shermae, if you refer to Giorgio Migliavacca, he lived for a long time in BVI, not USVI, and he told me he's returning to Italy.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2013 Posts
Posted 08/25/2021   12:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DC3- yes that is who I meant but didn't realize he was in BVI.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05