Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Us World Musical Thematic Covers

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 62 / Views: 2,058Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
Posted 09/04/2021   12:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowy121 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few from my wife's collection

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
Posted 09/04/2021   12:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowy121 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A few more

Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
Posted 09/04/2021   12:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowy121 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And a few more

Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
Posted 09/04/2021   12:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowy121 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and still more

Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
Posted 09/04/2021   12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowy121 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still more
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
Posted 09/04/2021   12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowy121 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
Posted 12/30/2021   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MusicalStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of new pieces in my collection!

A 1926 cover from Robert Oswald Adler of Markneukirchen with a beautiful oboe illustration!

A 1922 cover featuring 4 of the composer stamps from Austria as a fundraiser for the Musician's Fund.

And a wonderful 1909 advertising cover for the H.N. White Company showing a King model trumpet. Read more about this cover here: https://themusicstamps.com/h-n-whit...ising-cover/

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1089 Posts
Posted 01/01/2022   4:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Old musical Instruments, two FDC's from DDR issued 1971:

Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
Posted 01/16/2022   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MusicalStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love those old musical instruments stamps. I have them as stamps, not on a cover, and they look great - both ways!
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
Posted 01/16/2022   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MusicalStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of other items from my collection. A cover from a music store in Guadalajara, Mexico, dated 1899.

And a rather mysterious cover - it seems like an advertising cover, but without any company or store listed. It simply is an envelope with an image of an accordion. Dated 1931.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1009 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MusicalStamps:

Nice one!

I think the connection of your accordion cover lies in the cancel. Getting cancels from unusual place names with a matching cachet was a popular collecting pastime in the 1930s. Accord, Massachusetts was as close as the cover maker could find.

DonSellos
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
927 Posts
Posted 01/17/2022   11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Musical Stamps - I really love that Mexico Cover with the Piano. I have family that lives in Guadalajara. Of course it also caught my eyes since I collect Mexico. So basically it went from Guadalajara through New York to Hamburg, Germany? Very cool - thanks for sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
1089 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   06:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LaoPhil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A set of six stamps shows Lao traditional Musical Instruments was issued by Laos in 1957. Here are three of them on a commercial cover:

A set of Maxi cards signed by the engraver of these stamps, Jean Pheulpin. Cards show players of Khouy (Flute), Khene (Pipes), Khong Wong (Bells), So (violin) and Kong Thab (Drum):

still missing the sixth card shows the Row Nat (Xylophone) player, but here is the stamp on a commercial cover:
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1072 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While music is just part of this themed advertising cover, I find it quite interesting regarding the collection of items the store specializes in per the advertisement.

This third class curricular has an April 16, 1900 9:00 AM receiving CDS applied in Strasburg, VA.

Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
Posted 01/20/2022   12:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LaoPhil,

Here's that set on an unaddressed FDC

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 62 / Views: 2,058Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05