Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Holding Payments Any Idea ?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 532Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

France
118 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   09:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
GOOD MORNING AMERICA
I have a question,anybody knows why eBay blocks the funds?since you are eligible and good feed backs???they said that with the new payment system you have to wait for the items to arrived that's crazy with the actual world health situation,any responses welcome
naufrago
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7393 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why not ask eBay?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
118 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   09:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
peter
i ask eBay and they said to wait until the item is delver,that's crazy,first time it happens,besides,i sold a lot to a member of this community
Pillar Of The Community
United States
534 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was the item coming to America and was it Registered or something? I've had 2 items sent from Latvia by Registered mail sit in customs for over 3 weeks each time. Way past eBay's projected arrival times(which are a joke these days). And the Post Office here in the US is no help in that situation. Maybe with the delays customers are putting in claims for 'items not received' and it's throwing a monkey wrench in eBay's managed payments operation. And they decided to hold the money until they're sure the item has arrived as some sort of solution.
Edited by John Freibergs - 05/03/2021 1:32 pm
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Inkmanno1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nonsense. No way for eBay to determine items have arrived except by tracking and a ton gets shipped day in and day out with no tracking, ergo no way to know delivery status unless a INR claim is opened.

OTOH, it is eBay so I wouldn't be surprised by anything they say to get on to the next call in the call centers.
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With the refund guarantee by eBay/PayPal if the item is not received the cost is refunded to the buyer. By holding the funds from the seller, eBay knows the seller's money stays available for refund and eBay does not need to go out of pocket.

Of course you would give money back to eBay if they asked you to when your sale price needed to be refunded and you had already removed it from your account, right? Well, that is not the case with many other sellers.
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 05/03/2021 1:43 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
534 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay is going to have major headaches with whatever they come up with shipping times from Europe. The thin registered letter(with a postcard I purchased) was sent Registered from Latvia on 30 Mar. eBay came up with an April 7 arrival time. April 10 the item arrived at the Chicago customs center and sat there until April 30. It made it to Milwaukee on May 1. I received it that day but the tracking doesn't show it ever being delivered. I have no idea why the long delay in customs. Is this someone's idea of quarantining items because of Covid. Or are they just that pathetically understaffed. It's a shame that eBay is that clueless though when it comes to shipping.
Valued Member
France
118 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   2:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank to all of you,but I was in the phone first with eBay.fr call center in Marroc,2nd with eBay.com,and spend 45 mts on the phone,the guy went through all my account,to finally tell me that untill the item arrives to the states and being delivered they could't unblock the money,and the guy from Marroc tall me because I don't have the 25 sells in international (us) because I sell to Germany and England for over a year now so nobody knows what is going on
Pillar Of The Community
United States
534 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's eBay's game and they make the rules however stupid the rest of us think they are at times.
Valued Member
United States
469 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just spend half an hour on the phone with eBay. I purchased two items from an established seller: but, they will NOT appear in my cart until the seller sends me an invoice? However, I received their automatic pay now notice. Between dishonesty and virus eBay is not healthy.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
8 Posts
Posted 05/03/2021   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Triangle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like the idea that they have my bank account details and don't want paypal anymore.Paypal was originally part of eBay.
I have picked a new bank account that only will be used for this purpose so as I protect my other accounts from eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3779 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   02:55 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Asked eBay very politely was there a reason for a time delay on my payments? Was it because there were a couple of mailing refunds?

Got a nice reply that said they would look into it. And they did.

Now both my stores get paid the night/time of sale day. All from a dash of kind words.
Valued Member
United States
469 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This morning I was able to pay for the two items from one seller not appearing in my cart using the pay now option one item to pay a combined invoice for both. They never made it over to my cart with the other two items there from other sellers. All paid with paypal. Akward but done.
Learn More...
9258 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   12:27 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3779 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   4:55 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting bait Don.
Learn More...
9258 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   5:14 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nah, wanted to test uploading images earlier today. Plus, in my IT experience, the overwhelming percentage of 'computer' issues are actually 'user' issues. Of course I have no idea if that is the case in this thread or not but betting on the strong and fast to win is typically the way to go.
Don
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 532Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05