Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Admiral 122 Blocks Of 4 - Used But With Full Gum ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 10 / Views: 451Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
34 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   07:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Rfw125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not sure how to value these, I have two used blocks of 4 of Admiral 122, one is supposed to be 'roller cancelled'.However they both have full gum.
How do I value these....or is it just single used x 4?

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Canada
221 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Casey Magoo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your images used to be there before the shut down...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
my best friend has four legs
and a soft pillow
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rfw125

I am no expert, but it looks like a roller precancel like the stamp I put beside yours....A company would have sheets of precancels {NEW} to place on an envelope for faster process through Canada Post..They will have original gum on them.

Just saying...Robert

Valued Member
United Kingdom
34 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rfw125 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Casey, Hi...not sure what your message means ?

Robert..Hi....thanks for information...still not sure on valuing.
Learn More...
9236 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   5:20 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are considered used.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   6:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rfw125

Yes..considered used, but here is an article for you.

I collect Canada precancels and if you had 2 blocks, one from a cover and one with original gum..I would pay the premium.

Robert
Valued Member
424 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   02:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They are not precancels, they are dated roller cancels, very likely saved from parcels. The left one appears to have two different roller cancels. They are definitely worth a modest premium above 4 x used singles, though blocks of the 122 aren't rare. The gum on these adds no value IMHO.
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They are not precancels, they are dated roller cancels, very likely saved from parcels

True archerg...But Canada did use roller cancels on stamps as precancels...Just saying.

Robert

Pillar Of The Community
United States
644 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   4:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert, the $1 Admirals are NOT precancels. My guess is that they were used to pay the postage on a bulk mailing, cancelled with a roller but not affixed to any document.
Pillar Of The Community
7543 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jarnick

I am not saying they are precancels, just saying some places used rollers as precancels, even though it was not legal...definitely not a legal precancel. Which to me if it was used {illegally as per the legal precancel} it would be more rare than the legal precancel for these and other stamps..Just saying.

Robert
Valued Member
424 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   11:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The reliable way to gauge spot cash value is to compare your item to sold comparables on eBay. Many sellers place dreamer prices on their wares, so I prefer to see what a "willing buyer pays a willing seller".

I found several blocks of four selling in the $6-15 CDN range, but you can check this for yourself. The cancel can make some difference to value - a nice CDS or tidy oval Registered cancel is a plus. The roller cancel is common.

A buyer of used blocks is interested in the usage, thus I'd reaffirm they'd pay no premium for gum. If found on a large parcel piece or bank tag etc., its market is a postal history collector.
  Replies: 10 / Views: 451Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05