Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crazy Movement Of Package From USA And Eventually To Australia.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 206Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
79 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought an item off eBay USA and it is being sent to me here in magic Oz. Expected date of arrival is in June so about 6 weeks or so.

Purchased on 23 April and the seller sent it off right away. So far it has been 12 days and managed to move from Connecticut to Kentucky via New Jersey and Ohio.

It has been sitting in Kentucky now for 9 days!!

A previously purchased item in the USA also had some weird movements from Texas to Kentucky to Chicago and then to Los Angeles where it sat for over two weeks. It then got lost in the 'ether' for a a couple of weeks and then showed up in Oz. It then took two weeks to get from Sydney to Melbourne.

So far here is the actual tracking of the item;

*28 Apr 2021* 12:41

*Processing at Consolidation Center* United States

*26 Apr 2021* 10:37

*Arrived at Consolidation Center. Shipment is being processed.*
ERLANGER, KY, 41018, USA, United States, ERLANGER, United States

*26 Apr 2021* 06:10

*Out for Delivery* ERLANGER, KY, 41018, USA, United States,
ERLANGER, United States

*26 Apr 2021* 06:10

*Out for Delivery* Expected Delivery by 9:00pm

*26 Apr 2021* 04:06

*Arrived at Post Office* ERLANGER, KY, 41018, USA, United States,
ERLANGER, United States

*25 Apr 2021* 20:42

*Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility* CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States

*25 Apr 2021* 20:10

*Arrived at USPS Regional Facility* CINCINNATI OH NETWORK
DISTRIBUTION CENTER, CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER,
United States

*25 Apr 2021* 05:45

*Departed USPS Regional Facility* JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK
DISTRIBUTION CENTER, JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER,
United States

*25 Apr 2021* 00:53

*Arrived at USPS Regional Facility* JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK
DISTRIBUTION CENTER, JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER,
United States

*24 Apr 2021* 23:14

*Departed USPS Regional Facility* STAMFORD CT DISTRIBUTION CENTER,
STAMFORD CT DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States

*24 Apr 2021* 11:51

*Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility* STAMFORD CT DISTRIBUTION CENTER, STAMFORD CT DISTRIBUTION CENTER, United States

*23 Apr 2021* 15:06

*Departed Post Office* MILFORD, CT, 06460, USA, United States,
MILFORD, United States

*23 Apr 2021* 12:30

*USPS in possession of item* MILFORD, CT, 06460, USA, United States, MILFORD, United States

*23 Apr 2021* 10:39

*En route to DHL eCommerce distribution center* United States

*23 Apr 2021* 10:35

*Electronic notification received: your order has been processed and tracking will be updated soon*

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
533 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://parcelsapp.com/en/shops/ebay That is an app that may be of help if things get sticky with what you see when you go to eBay. I was sending a large envelope to England back in January. For starters USPS lost the tracking on the item after it supposedly left Cincinnati. Their assumption was that it had reached Erlanger but that I should check with the recipient. I didn't even try that after getting a run around on the phone one day from eBay. I never saw anything in tracking after that and finally checked the number using the app above. The package had arrived in England safely and they showed all the intermediate stops even after arriving in England. Good luck with your items. I had luck back before Covid using eBay's overseas shipping to the UK. But now they're not much better than the post office.
PS The last item I shipped did go from Miwaukee to Cincinnati to Erlanger and back to Chicago before heading for Canada. And took over 3 weeks to do it!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by John Freibergs - 05/04/2021 9:29 pm
Valued Member
Australia
79 Posts
Posted 05/04/2021   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John,

Thanks for that link.

I'll use it to track the item. I'll check on it in another week or so.

Things must be really messed up with the mail from the USA to Australia. Last letter from the USA to Australia took exactly one month to get here.

I am still waiting on another letter from the USA and it has been 40 days now.

With our every other day residential mail service here in Oz which was implemented because of all the lock downs/virus crapola mail delivery takes longer. Even with everything here almost back to normal, the mail service delivery schedules haven't reverted to normal.

If I don't get the letter on Friday this week then the next mail delivery won't be until Tuesday.

Airmail packages from Japan to Oz are running about two weeks and sea mail large packages are running about 6 weeks..............
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 206Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05