Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Still Some More Unknown Chinese Stamps Or Cinderella's

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 363Next Topic  
Valued Member

Netherlands
29 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Cor to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Again, help with these riddles will be much appreciated! With regards, Cor.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   10:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
TB Seal
Manchukuo (Manchuria) Postal Savings Stamp 1941
Manchukuo (Not conversant with the Overprint..checking my catalogue)
Overprint not addressed in Zirkle from a cursory read.
This stamp is the Chinese script, written by ex-prime minister Chung.

Postage Due North East Provinces J1 10c
Sc#824 1948 A62 2c on $1.50 Surcharge
Revenue
Revenue
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 05/05/2021 10:57 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1737 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You will find the two last ones here :
https://www.chinastampsociety.org/f...mps_2019.pdf
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a cracker *.pdf
Thanks Vayolene.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This may /may not, go some way to explain the Overprint
Otherwise beyond my knowledge.

Valued Member
Netherlands
29 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   11:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wow, so glad with your comments and clarifications. I love this website more and more. Thank you so much! Cor,
Valued Member
Netherlands
29 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
one more question: I understand the 2 cent stamps on the bottom row are revenues. I am curious from what year they date, and are they general or local/privincial revenues and if so from what place/province?
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NicholasC to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cor, the image above now shows in your other topic from earlier today. How did that happen? Did you upload as the same file name? If so, you might want to avoid that in the future so that images don't get replaced with something completely different.
Edited by NicholasC - 05/05/2021 11:40 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revenue 2 cent green
1940 Kuomintang Government Officials
1938, 1940 Government Officials valued in cents and dollars
Vignette : Chiang Kai Shek

Other 2 cent Building
1934-1944
Liu Ho Pagoda
The Six Harmonies Buddhist Pagoda in Zhejiang Province is the basis for this series of revenue stamps. There were 5 different printers with values from 1 to 20 in various colours and colour
shades and with "Secret Marks".

You shall have to learn how to offer single, well defined scans of your stamps, if you wish more definitive answers.
Your current standard is only good enough for Basic cataloguing.

Edited by rod222 - 05/05/2021 4:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
691 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To give an idea of use

An example of a 2 cent pair of Chiang Kai Check on a bank cheque(hope I got that right).

The date is not really clear but looks like 1931, I will look into that.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/05/2021   9:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Netherlands
29 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   05:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod222. You wrote "You shall have to learn how to offer single, well defined scans of your stamps, if you wish more definitive answers. Your current standard is only good enough for Basic cataloguing."
And you are right! I was planning to ask one more question on the 2th stamp bottom row where I could not see the imprint of the new 2 cent value, and I prepared a more detailed picture of that stamp when I finally detected the 2 being the left upper character of the imprint. Again a riddle solved! Thanks again for clarifying and advising.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32214 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   08:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cor,
that is a great scan, cannot do better

I was interested in the Manchukuo, stamp with overprint.

Only suggestion left, is to try and craft Professional style
Thread titles.

"Still some more..." etc not required.

Better still to have "Unidentified China stamps"
and let the forum go to work
(Just a suggestion)

The more each of us put into thought with our threads
(and written text within the thread)
makes great benefit with searching this fabulous forum of knowledge.

Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
691 Posts
Posted 05/07/2021   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scanned the cheque and looked at it from all angles, but the year remains a mystery.

Sorry Rod, not to many buckets of popcorn I hope.
Edited by Johan Buvelot - 05/08/2021 03:48 am
Valued Member
Netherlands
29 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   04:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you rod222, also for the suggestion about Thread titles!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05