Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sometimes Good Things Come 'In Threes'.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 1,331Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
547 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wishing you all the best in your triple play. Nice ride btw!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
470 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
all my best wishes for your transplant.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
151 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   1:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RK1468 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Best wishes, Don! This is also a reminder to all of us the importance of organ donation. Just re-checked my driver's license and all is in order.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1142 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Best wishes Don, and speedy recovery.
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wshuwahere77 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All the best Don.
Learn More...
9478 Posts
Posted 05/11/2021   05:48 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. And thank you for mentioning the importance organ transplants. For kidneys, there are over 90,000 people waiting for a kidney in the US. Every 10 minutes another person is added to the kidney transplant list, 3-5 years is the average wait time for a kidney transplant. The Trump Administration established a new policy to revamp the old organ transplant criteria and process (the US system rejects over 5,000 kidneys a year that every other country considers acceptable) and allows patients to decide for themselves the quality and risk they are willing to accept. The policy was scheduled to take effect on Feb. 1, 2021 but has been delayed so that the current Administration can review it. The policy also contains additional wage/leave time benefits for living donors. Perhaps after another few thousand people die waiting for transplants the politicians in Washington will decide to cooperate with each other.

My more immediate concern is the current gas situation in North Carolina; the Colonial pipeline has been shut down due to a hacker attack from the 'Darkside' group (this pipeline supplies about 45% of the fuel for the east coast of the US). They used a form of 'ransomware' which encrypts all the files on computers and servers and forces payments to them to unlock the files. 'Darkside' is a "woke" hacker group who claims it does not attack medical, educational or government targets and only goes after "large corporations" and they kindly donate a portion of what they extort to charity. Apparently, they are too stupid to understand real life consequences. By taking down the Colonial pipeline company I now will be stranded in Duke (300 miles from my house) without a way to get home (NC has declared a state of emergency) so I can get back to my required dialysis treatment the next day.

So keep an eye in the news for 'Man Drops Dead Waiting in Gas Line After Missing Dialysis Treatment'. But hey, did I mention that I won a new phone?
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6387 Posts
Posted 05/11/2021   07:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Random Thoughts:

I am waiting for the hacker induced gas shortage to become "See, we need to go ALL electric right now".

Has the ongoing chip shortages affected your "hot hatch" build?

Pablo Escobar engaged in much charity.
Learn More...
9478 Posts
Posted 05/11/2021   07:53 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has the ongoing chip shortages affected your "hot hatch" build?

Yes, I was told that Honda has not been able to build cars for the last 3 months. Dealer is making no promises on the delivery of the car I ordered. 'Might be a few weeks, might be a few months, might not be until next year'

Quote:
I am waiting for the hacker induced gas shortage to become "See, we need to go ALL electric right now".

I'm waiting for the June release of the UFO papers to become "Fear the aliens, do not leave your houses"
Learn More...
9478 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   2:18 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Back from the day long transplant evaluation and so far it appears that I have cleared all hurdles with flying colors. Met with the surgeons and got filled in the reconstructive part of the transplant surgery that is unique to me (and adds several hours to the surgery time). And met with the doctors regarding the immunotherapy vs immunosuppression issue; still have some 'selling' to do on this aspect or it could sink the my chances of getting a kidney.
Also met with the 'financial counselor' and got a breakdown of the $447,000 price tag of the transplant. (Heck, just this one day of eval tests and consults were $12,000).

One thing that I did learn that I did not know before was about the living donor kidney process. So just to pass along to anyone who might have ever considered this incredibly altruistic type donation to another human; not only are all the kidney donation medical costs waived and you are reimbursed for any income lost during the process, but you also get any kidney related medical care free for the rest of your life.

You can learn more about becoming a living donor here https://www.dukehealth.org/treatmen...ney-donation

Don
Valued Member
France
165 Posts
Posted 05/14/2021   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Don,thanks for creating this beautiful blog (site) but my writing to you is concerning your health.
did you know that 99% of ours illness are acid illness??in that case the only thing that ills that is the sea water,(Rene Quinton) look for it,today we don't need big pharma to take care of our self,we have the sea,mean while you are waiting for your transplant,you could try to drink some sea water,since you are near to the N C coast line (beautiful) I think that you given a try no secondary effects whatsoever and is Free all you have to do is mix 250g of sea water and 750g of sweet water,one glass 4 times a day,you will go to the wc the first 3 days and than you will realized the changes,i'm ot a doctor but I being taking care of my self for 45 years without going to a doctor,so is the only (help)i coul do for this blog since i'm not educated intellectually to be a stamp collector but I try to learn,my best wishes for you
sincerely
Naufrago
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 1,331Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05