Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Stamp Stamp 499.e

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 420Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
10 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stillstamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
565 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is This Stamp Stamp 499.e

No, for the quick, short answer.

If you want the long detailed answer, keep reading...

499e is a booklet pane of six stamps (360 subject); as such the single stamps have one straight edge at a side (4 positions) or a straight edge at the side and bottom, a corner, (two positions).

Scott 499e:

Now the fun part. 499f is a pane of 30 with singles having one straight edge top or bottom (18 positions), at right (one position), at the top or bottom and one side, a corner (two positions), and perforations on all four sides (nine positions). Thus your stamp could be 499f or just a 499 sheet stamp which can have a straight edge at the bottom. It is either difficult or impossible to tell a 499 sheet stamp single from a single from a 499f booklet pane. See: https://www.stampcommunity.org/topi...PIC_ID=35348

Scott 499f:

The line across the bottom of your stamp can occur on both booklet panes e and f as well. Only certain booklet panes from the printing sheet will have such a line.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 05/08/2021 7:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stillstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it a 499 I then
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stillstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. So it is a single 499 f. Thank you
Pillar Of The Community
United States
565 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   01:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely just a plain, regular used 499, not lake in color, "499" with no letter following. I won't guess at color over the computer and, even then, I would expect "lake" to be a darker color in your image.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   02:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Booklet stamps of the 3rd Bureau Issue, including those of the AEF panes, have shorter and wider designs than their sheet stamp counterparts. So these can be differentiated by the different aspect ratios.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   02:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PPGuy, in reference to the 499f positions, one minor edit: "at right (one position)" should be "at one side (one position)" since the 499f pane can be left-tabbed or right-tabbed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
565 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   03:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
PPGuy, in reference to the 499f positions, one minor edit: "at right (one position)" should be "at one side (one position)" since the 499f pane can be left-tabbed or right-tabbed.

You are completely correct and I knew better , especially with the 360 AEF plate diagram to the right of my keyboard while typing. But stupid me just glanced at the pretty picture of the pane I have no interest to own, tabbed left nor right, and forgot to allow for that reflective change. Thank you for catching this.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
481 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't beat yourself up, PPGuy, it was a minor error. I have done far worse myself, including on this board!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
565 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Rhett.

However, having written for publication during a bit over four decades I much rather confront myself that have to deal with the comments and questions one of my boneheaded comment may produce. How do I know? Personal experience!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 420Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05