Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unlisted Vertical Pair, Imperf. Between Of R36c?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 471Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1651 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add James Drummond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's what appears to be a vertical pair of R36c, but imperf. horizontally between.

No trace of horizontal perforations between the two stamps, as far as I can tell.

I guess that I should probably get a certificate for this, if I ever want it listed in Scott.

What do you think?

Closeups of the front and back are below.

Jim

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7440 Posts
Posted 05/08/2021   8:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be suspicious of the horizontal perfs.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
563 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   02:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Which is why to this:

Quote:
I guess that I should probably get a certificate for this....

I say, "Yes."

If good, it is a nice find ; if not considered imperforate, it is still eye catching.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
614 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   09:20 am  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would send it in. Looks like the only option for a fake would be reperfed on the 4 sides but doesn't look it to me.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5170 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   10:22 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would send it in. Looks like the only option for a fake would be reperfed on the 4 sides but doesn't look it to me.

Two options actually: R36a reperfed on 4 sides or R36b reperfed on 2 sides.

However, the cancel is indicative of a late-state type, which makes it unlikely to be either.

Does it perf out?

It reminds me of an item that NobleSpirit offered:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294152328787

However the shortness of the top and bottom margins in this instance immediately scream "REPERF!" whereas the margins in Jim's example are more believable.

Regardless, I would get a PF cert, and even then it would presumably be an EFO like the other imperf-between error listings.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7440 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   11:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Extremely unlikely to be a reperfed imperf; no one would reperf it that much off center. But a part perf pair would be a different story. I agree that it should be sent to the PF.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7440 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Noble Spirit item is VERY suspicious looking to me. I don't like those perfs at all.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2603 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   8:55 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Extremely unlikely to be a reperfed imperf; no one would reperf it that much off center"

Huh? If the imperf was off center then the reperf would be off center too.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7440 Posts
Posted 05/09/2021   9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The ten cent inland exchange imperf pair cats $1750. A part perf pair cats $15. Assuming that it's a fake, which do YOU think it is likely to have been made from? In any case, an imperf pair must have wide vertical margins in order to get a cert. A pair this much off center would always be thought of as a part perf that has been trimmed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
515 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
imo a par4t perf that has been altered by reperfing. to my eye the right side perfs appear to slant from top to bottom and do not appear to match the left ones.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2603 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   7:31 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was responding to the "no one would reperf it that much off center" art of your comment.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7440 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And I explained why that would never occur. No one would do this to a genuine imperf pair, and a badly centered pair would be considered a part perf that was trimmed. If it's fake it was created from a part perf.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1651 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   7:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add James Drummond to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If it's fake it was created from a part perf.

To answer the questions regarding possible reperfing, please check lot 2151 in the 1991 Joyce sale.

I sure don't see the "trace of a couple blind perfs."

Jim
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7440 Posts
Posted 05/10/2021   8:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have this item in front of me, and it is impossible to tell for certain from a scan.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7440 Posts
Posted 05/11/2021   08:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There might be a trace of a blind perf under the G of exchange, but it would still really have to be seen in person.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 471Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05